Prayers

The ones who are reading this story please give me your response by clicking that star or a comment.

Won't be able to upload for some time. Will be busy in Ramadan.

I finished telling her and waited for her response. She was quiet for some time then she said.

"I don't know what to say Daneen. This whole situation is a little... a little stupid. Please don't mind. I don't want to hurt your feelings but how can you like someone, like that. I mean it happened ages ago and now you don't know what he's like. Don't you think it's a little childish."

"I knew you would say something like that. That's why I haven't told anyone about all this."It hurts, when your only best friend, doesn't understand you.

"Daneen, what I'm saying is. Maybe it's just an attraction. It happens. But thinking about marrying him is just not a good idea. I think you should talk to Ahmed." She was about to say more on this subject but I stopped her.

"I'm not going to talk to anyone. it's not going to happen. Please Jia understand. I don't care if you think I'm stupid."

"Okay. I am going to try to understand. Tell me what you have in mind. Are you goint to talk to him about it? Do you have his number or anything?"

"I don't have anything in mind. Please don't judge me but I kind of facebook stalk him."

"Ohh my Allah.. I can't believe this." She started laughing again.

"Please don't make fun of me." I had no idea if this conversation will do me any good or not. But it was good to finally tell someone.

"Okay ok. I won't. So, how much information have you gathered by your stalking skills?"

"Not much he just mentions his favorite songs. And sometimes the places where he hangs out with his friends. Let me show you" I opened my laptop and showed her his profile. It was not much. The posts were all two months old. I showed her his recent profile picture but she refused to look. I forgot that she doesn't look at naa-mahrams ( all those males who are not blood related to you and you can marry them )

"Daneen can I say something" I was still looking at his picture when she said.

"Yes, ofcourse.. " I closed the lid.

"You know what a good friend does. He/she guides you to the right path. I'm actually happy that you like someone. But this all.. " she pointed to the laptop and then at me. ".. is a little too much. If you are 100% sure about him then go and talk to someone. You have mashaAllah a very good family. They will understand you. Atleast, talk to Zoya aunty. She is your mother. She will do something about it. But think about it again. Loving someone without knowing them is not such a good thing. It's the attitude that matters in the end."

I was a little shattered. Whatever she said was right. If I were in her shoes, I would have said the same thing. But I was clueless...

Looking at my confused expressions she continued. "Enough of my lectures. Please give me something to eat. I'm starving."

I got up and exit my room without saying anything. My mind was still clouded with the things she said. I opened the refrigerator and took out some frozen kebabs. I fried them and made some sandwiches.

When I entered my room. I saw Jia listening to something in her cellphone. I placed the tray on the bed and asked her what is she listening?

"It's a small clip of a bayan (islamic lecture) that the mufti (islamic scholar) gave last week. My madarsa (a place where islamic teachings are taught or a islamic school) friend sent me.Would you want to listen it?" She asked.

"Yes sure.. " she put a microphone in my ear and tapped on the play button.

"We often tell others about our wishes. We tell them what we want or what we have been desiring for so long. But do they give you that? No, they don't. Then why didn't you ask from the one who can give you what your heart's truly desires. The one who has made this world. The one who has made the animals, the birds and even you. The one, without his command, even a single leaf cannot move. Why don't you ask from him. He is the most merciful and kind. He loves to give his people. But you have to ask him. Ask Allah SWT.... " on that point we heard Azaan (a call to prayer) and Jia stopped the clip and answered the Azaan and I did the same.

After that, we ate our sandwiches silently. Mufti's words were still echoing in my head. It was like he answered all my questions.

We both performed wadhu (ablution) and offered Asr prayers and that day I asked him in my prayers.

What do you think now.. ???
give me your reviews or suggestions.
Have a blessed Ramadan...

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=qdv6gklwb4tl&utm_content=mhv3wbj