28 | 𝕠

~ haechan pov

the walk home was definitely empty. now i get how jaeni felt when i ditched her just to ask yena some questions. plus she's out with my friend, i don't like it.

"donghyuck!" i heard someone call and i turned back. "yena?" she ran up towards me with something on her hands. it's a box and a letter, i think. "donghyuck..." i dislike it when someone's not even close to me to call me with my real name.

"yes?" i asked and she extended her hands. "i really like you, donghyuck-ah. you're always so nice and you're good-looking... i've liked you for quite a while already.. would you accept my love?" cliche as it seems, she confessed. but i don't want to hurt anyone.

"hey, i didn't know about your feelings for me... but now that i know, i don't think i'll be about to accept you... for a long time, i've felt something for someone. but i'm unsure of my feelings about her." i explained as calm as possible. many girls confessed to me (not to be cocky but) and i've always used the same reason, i'm not ready for a relationship. whereas this time, my reason was rather clearer.

"do you mean jaeni by any chance?" she asked as she retrieved her hands. "eo. she's my best friend, but it seems that i like her more than how much a best friend should be loving each other. i'm sorry, yena..." she sighed, but still had her smile on.

"it's okay, but can you be my good friend? i don't want anything to be awkward you know..." i laughed, "of course! honestly, you're a really nice friend to have." i smiled, suddenly becoming so sure about my feelings for jaeni. "then erm, have a safe trip home." she waved and left.

normally girls would cry or throw tantrum, but yena didn't. therefore i know, she's a really nice girl. but that'll never change my feelings for jaeni.

i want to confess already.

<3