10 | 𝕦

~ jaeni pov

when he pinched my cheeks, I couldn't help but smile widely. my heart fluttered and it was a feeling I've been trying to avoid. I don't want to have feelings for my best friend, because I know relationships don't last forever, but friendships do. I shouldn't feel this way.

"what do you want to eat? I'm hungry." I looked at him unsurely. honestly, this food poisoning scared me. I don't dare to have anything..." he chuckled, "maybe I should cook for you?" i shook my head immediately. "why? you don't like my cook?"

"a-aniya! it's not bad but..." I stuttered and he pouted. "i thought you liked my food..." he looked at me with his puppy-like eyes. "fine— omma!" yes! lifesaver!

"i brought some food for jaeni, go and have some with her, haechan." my mother said and he sighed. "omoni! i was going to cook for our beloved jaeni, but you ruined my plan!" he joked. "wait till the both of you are official, then I'll decide if i should let you do all the chores."

official?

"o-omma! can you stop joking around!" haechan also looked kinda awkward but he carried on, "then I'll have these in my stomach real quick!"

after our meal, my mother packed everything and left. "aren't you going to go home?" he shakes his head, "nahh, i want to stay here." he sat closer and started playing with my hair like he always does.

everything's the same. him having skinship with me, being clingy and playing with my hair. but also there's something different this time, the way my heart pumps.

what exactly is this feeling?

:/