09 | 𝕪

~ haechan pov

I put jaeni down inside the taxi and had her head on my lap. "to the nearest hospital downtown please." I told the driver. "yeah." he answered and started driving.

"donghyuck..." she cried out. "wae? I'm here." I stroked her hair as I talk. "don't leave me..." she sobbed, and I was pretty much shocked. " I won't leave you, okay?" I wiped off her tears and she probably was having a dream involving me.

this was a really unusual scene because she doesn't often cry in front of me. she always has a strong image and this time, it made me realized that she also will feel sad. she will feel like she's about to explode, just that she doesn't show. or was I too dumb to realize it?

we arrived at the hospital and she was attended by the nurses and a doctor. they examined her condition and the results came as she is diagnosed with food poisoning. they told me that she has to stay in the hospital until the IV drop is done, and she would have medical leaves.

"donghyuck, what did the doctor say?" jaeni's mother entered jaeni's ward with jinni. "unnie~" jinni cried, and I couldn't help but carry her. "she's alright now." I told her about everything and I passed jinni to her. "thank you so much, donghyuck. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have you, it'll be a mess." I grinned, "no problem omoni." she looked at the time then said, "I'll have to go off right now. she has school to attend." I nodded, "I'll take good care of her." she gave me a pat before leaving the ward.

jaeni's eyes opened and she looked around. "you're awake!" she said, "there's school, what time is it now?" she sat up but I pushed him back down. "it's already 10 am." i said.

I explained to her about what the doctor said and she shook her head.. "doesn't that means I can't go to school for 3 days including today? I don't want!" honestly she doesn't even need school, she studies a lot on her own and does really well, but I guess she loves school too much.

she looked at me and sighed. "omoni, went back first. she's bringing jinni to school." I told her.

"aren't you supposed to be in school?" I folded my arms, "how am I supposed to leave you here after what you've told me?"

"what did I tell you?" she looked at me shocked, and I laughed. "cute. you told me something and I think I should use that to blackmail you!" she pouted and I found that really cute. rare moments she would act cute.

"just tell me can't you?" she looked at me annoyed. "fine. you told me that you love me."

"yeah that's true— since when!" her face turned really red. that was so cute! " I know you love me from deep inside your heart, so..." then I pinched her cheeks.

it was soft, plus she smiled and I could see her bunny teeth. what a whole cutie.

:>