17 | 𝕟

"see you tomorrow~" sihyun waved and then left the school building. i stood beside the security guard post while waiting for haechan. "waiting for your boyfriend again?" the security guard asked and i shook my head. "not my boyfriend, he's just my friend." he laughed, "soon to be boyfriend you mean?" and haechan came in time to stop this awkward conversation.

"let's go home!" haechan smiled and waved at the security guard, and we made our way out of school.

"are you okay?" both of us said in unison. "you first." and cliche as it seems, we said it together. "fine, I'll say first. are the rumors disturbing you?" he asked, and i looked at him weirdly. "what do you mean?" i asked, and honestly, the answer that came straight to my head was that i dislike it a lot.

"like... do you don't like it? do you feel... sad?" he asked, and i was a little taken back. "kind of. see, we've been friends for so long and then you're suddenly taken, so--"

"no, i mean do you remember the promise?" he interrupted. "yeah..." this is so weird to talk about while walking home. this is not our usual conversation, and i really feel the pain whenever i got reminded of him together with yena.

it hurts for some reason.

:(