Empty Words

I was stood there frozen.  And so was everyone else.  Brook stopped in her tracks, Brennen couldn't make eye contact, and Sam was looking at me with his sad eyes.  Kat was now by my side, she didn't know either.  She was rubbing my back, trying to comfort me.  Colby was going on about something, but I couldn't hear him.  All I heard was "I kissed Brooklyn." And couldn't stop thinking about it.  I nodded as Colby continued to talk, my left hand covering my mouth. 
  "Alice look I know I messed up and I'm so sorry, babe." He said.  It went quiet and I was looking at the ground.  I nodded one last time and kept looking at the ground.
  I looked at Brooklyn and saw her looking away from me. "Anything you wanna say?"
  "This was before I knew you Alice, I swear." She said.
  "And you still lied and didn't say anything." I said softly. "I never wanna see you again." She hesitated for a moment then stomped off into the night.  I was still stuck in place.
  "Alice-" Colby said but I cut him off.
  "Go home Colby." I said.  I walked off and he followed me.
  "Alice stop!"
  "For what?!  For what Colby?" I asked.
  "This isn't over." He said.
  "What do you mean?  Colby everything ended the second you kissed her." I said.
  "It was a meaningless kiss." He said.
  "And these are empty words." I said.  I felt myself start to cry and I wiped them quickly. "Why would do this to me?"
  "I was drunk and angry because I thought you were cheating." He said.  Tears fell down his face and he didn't try and hide them.
  "So you kissed the first girl you saw?!" I asked.
  "And I regret it.  If I can go back and fix it I would."
  "You don't understand the weight of what you did?  You can't just say that, it's not that simple.  I would never do that to you." I said.  I started freaking out and walked away, only for him to follow me.
  "Alice please!"
  "It's done Colby!  You did what you did and the worst part is that everyone saw and I didn't.  Because I trusted you to where I knew the whole time.  I just didn't wanna admit it." I cried. 
  "I'm sorry." He said.
  "Is that the only word you know?  I'm sorry?  I'm sorry I'm sorry.  Every time I forgive you, you just continue to hurt me.  I don't know if I can take it anymore." I said.
  "Don't say that.  You don't mean that." He said. "It was one time please."
  "First you use me for followers.  We argued while we were apart, you don't trust me, then you cheat, then you lie for weeks.  This is fucked." I said. "What's the point?"
  "Shhh.  Please don't continue.  I'm sorry please.  I love you so much Alice I made a mistake.  Just please." He said holding my face gently.  He continued to cry while holding me.  He kissed me and held me tight.  I left his arms and looked away.
"I'm done Colby. I don't wanna take another break, I don't wanna wait till you change, I don't want you breaking my heart again. We're done."
"Please don't do this. Don't break up with me." He said quietly.
"Too late." I said. I turned and walked off, heading in the direction of what I think is my house.

  I woke up at 12 pm.  I was still in bed, mainly crying.  Brooklyn called me and texted me.  Yet Colby was worse.  I blocked him until he stopped reaching out.  I was listening to a sad music while crying. I didn't get up for breakfast or lunch.
Alissa walked in and frowned at the site. "Common let's get up."
I shook my head. "Whatever it is it's not gonna work this time."
"Oh come on Alice. Let's go have fun. Go out to eat." Alissa said. I didn't move an inch and she sighed, crawling into bed with me. I continued crying and she was cuddled up with me. 4 o'clock came and Alissa forced me to go eat since I didn't eat all day. We went to cheesecake and talked about the situation.
"Like I don't get it. Like I understand at the time I was a Virgin and I was miles away but-"
"Alice stop. There is no reason, he's just stupid. Like really? He thought you were cheating so he cheated? He's not gonna function in any relationship with that attitude." Alissa said cutting me off.
I nodded playing with my food. I was trying so hard not to cry because we were in public. I've never felt so defeated in my life. I don't think Alissa has ever seen me this way either. It was like another feeling I've never felt before.
I finished my food and we headed back. We picked up some fro yo on our way and finally made it back. I saw Colby's sweater on the couch and cringed at the sight. Alissa saw and picked it up.
"You know what? Let's pack his things man." She said heading upstairs. I followed. She grabbed a trash bag and started throwing his belongings in there. I got his clothes and put them in the bag. Alissa was faster than me. We finally finished up and put the bag in the living room.
"I'll take it to his place. I'll see you tomorrow." Alissa said leaving.
I noticed we forgot the sweater that was on the couch. I put it on and sniffed it. It was big on me but I didn't mind. What can I say? I like lil peep.