Dinner

The worst thing about being on tour was that I was far away from Colby.  It made me image strange scenarios we'd be in.  Like the second we'd reunite we'd have romantic dinner, share our feelings, dance in my living room to a classic slow song, then end the night where we make passionate love.
  Yet that was far from what happened.  We haven't been the same since we left.  And we're definitely not the same now.  I'd hate to be THAT girlfriend but...Colby's been very suspicious lately.
  "I feel like if we do enough of these our butts will really show up but our legs are only getting thicker, even though there's nothing wrong with thick I just don't think it would work for me and-Your not listening are you?"
  I snapped out of my thoughts and looked to Brook and gave her a guilty look. "I'm sorry, I'm just way to distracted today."
  Brooklyn and I have been hanging out a lot more, especially at the gym.  Colby has been distant recently so I just take my mind off of it when I hang out with Brook.  But I guess not today.
  "I see that.  Wanna talk about it?" She asked.  I shrugged and took a sip of my coffee.
  "Colby...he's been weird lately.  Like our relationship in general.  He's been distant, nervous.  Obviously he's hiding something, right?"
  She thought for a moment and gave me a look. "You don't think he cheated do you?"
  "Well I don't want to so don't feed that idea to me please." I said drinking some water. "But he did bring up cheating and asked what I would do if he cheated."
  "Calm down Alice.  Maybe this is all a miss understanding.  Maybe he was just....curious, or put in a weird spot.  I mean look at that thing on your hand.  I'm pretty sure you guys are fine." She said with reassurance.  I looked at the ring and felt at ease.  Brook is probably right.  I just need to stop being paranoid and trust him. "Are you guys gonna hang out?"
  "He hasn't been over in a while.  Says he's busy with work.  Ever since Jake moved in he's been making a ton of content...on Jakes channel of course." I shrugged.
"Stop by his house, and talk to him. Easy." She shrugged.

I took brooks advice and decided to go to Colby's place.  I mean communication is key after all. We decided to go out for some dinner and talk. Aaron open the door and hugged me. While on the road I played fortnite with him. I carried sometimes but we made a good duo.
Colby came down the stairs and gave me a kiss. I smiled and followed him to his car. "What should we go eat?"
"I don't care." I shrugged.
"How about Japanese?"
"No. Not in the mood." I said.
".... but you said you don't care." He said chuckling. I shrugged and smiled. "I know this cool pizza place that just opened up while you were on tour. Let's go there."

"I'll have ricotta cheese and bacon on my side please." I said. The waiter nodded and put his note pad away.
"Okay. I'll be back with your drinks in a minute." He said. We thanked him and he walked away.
"So what's up? How was your week?" He asked. I shrugged.
"A lot of planning. I've become closer with Brooklyn though." I Shrugged. "She's been trying to get me to model though. But I don't know."
"That's so cool. You should totally do it. At least have photoshoots, you're too beautiful to keep passing those opportunities up." Colby pushed. He was right. I have been asked to model but I usually decline because I'm too scared to. Maybe they were right. "When can we meet Brook?"
I shrugged and changed the subject. "So...we need to talk."
The waiter walked up to us with our drinks and food. "The food came early so here you guys go." We thanked him and he walked off.
"Talk about what?" Colby asked.
"Our last conversation. I feel like we've just been distant since then." I sighed. "We haven talked since then. We barely texted. I just don't understand."
"Sorry Alice. I guess I just needed a little bit of space." He shrugged.
"Babe...we've had space for a good two and a half months.  How much space do you need?" I said.  I took a bite outta my slice and waited for him to continue.  He only shrugged at what I said and ate some of his pizza.
  I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "Did something happen while I was on tour?"
  He basically choked on his pizza and moved the plate away from himself. "I lost my appetite."
  "Woah, what was that?" I asked him.
  "What was what?"
  "That reaction. Something did happen while I was on tour!" I said.
  "Geez Alice!  Nothing happened.  Your being over dramatic." He said.
  "No no no!  You're literally so defensive when I ask.  If something happened let me know." I said.  He looked away from me and sighed.
He shook his head and sighed. "Listen. I get that I've been acting weird but nothing happened. I'm just a little jumpy since you've been back. Don't read too much into things. I love you too much to see you upset over nothing."
He reached over and held my hand. He played with my ring with his thumb. I nodded and sighed in defeat. "Your right. I'm sorry it's just I'm very anxious and stressed. I feel like something else is gonna go wrong, you know?"
He nodded and squeezed my hand. "I trust you. You wouldn't hurt me again. I mean you know I'm terrified of being cheated on. And you're not a bad person. I mean look at you."
I smiled at him and he nodded. We finished up out food and headed home. I entered my house and told Colby to call me when he got home safe. I decided to text Brook and tell her that I'm down for the modeling gig.