The truth

~Colby~
  "Alice...I've been wanting to say this for a while and there's no other way to so I'm just gonna say it." I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself for the words about to come out of my mouth. "I cheated.  I was just really drunk and upset and couldn't really control myself so when brook came up to me I just...I kissed her.  I'm sorry."
  "To long." Brennen said.  The others, Sam, Jake, and Corey, disagreed.
  "It's the truth though." Sam said.
  "By the time he says the words 'I cheated' Alice will stop listening and reach for her bat." Brennen argued.  Everyone muttered an agreement and I sighed.
  "Come on guys, I need your help." I said annoyed.
  "Well here's some advice.  Don't tell her." Brennen said.
  "It's the right thing to do.  Plus I'm sick of Brooklyn.  She's super annoying and still getting in the way of Alice and I." I said with an eye roll.
  I kept pacing back and forth trying to think of something to say.
  "Just tell her straight up." Jake said.
  "That's worse.  Why not just stab her while your at it." Sam said. 
"Sugar coat it. Say 'Brook kissed me first'. Your not exactly lying but you don't know if your telling the truth." Brennen said.
"Any other suggestions?" I asked.
"What if brook social climbs Brennen instead of you." Aaron said.
"Fuck no. Brook is annoying." Brennen said. I sighed in defeat and collapsed on the couch. "I'm sorry man but what's done is done. Just face the consequences."
"That's easy for you to say. You're not loosing your soulmate." I said closing my eyes. Everyone groaned in sync as I debated with myself. 
  "Well I'm off.  Call me later and tell me what happens." Brennen said.  Everyone agreed and headed to their rooms and Brennen headed out of the front door.

I went to Alices house and opened the door with the spare key I still had. I closed it behind me and headed towards the stairs.
"Baby?!" I yelled from the bottom. I saw Alice walking up to the stair case. She smiled at the sight of me and ran down the stairs. She jumped into my arms and I caught her. She was holding me tight and had the biggest smile on her face. "Why so happy?"
"I don't know." She shrugged. She connected her lips with mine and started going to town.  I was a bit caught off guard but decided to kiss back up until we ended up on her couch.

  I got home at around 11:45 and saw the boys playing rocket league.  They all looked up and paused the game.
  "Hey bro." Jake said.  I gave him a head nod and sat on the couch.
  "Oh no he's not talking.  Did it go bad?" Corey asked.  I shook my head no and grabbed a remote and un-paused the game.
  "Wait so how did it go?" Aaron asked.  I was a little surprised at the fact that he wasn't playing fortnite but I decided to answer anyways.
  "Eh pretty good I guess." I said.  They raised a brow and Sam sighed.
  "You didn't tell her did you?" Sam asked.
  "Nope." I said.  They all groaned in unison and I sighed, pausing the game.
  "So what happened?" Corey asked.
  "I don't know.  I went to her house, called her downstairs.  Next thing I knew we were..." I said blowing out a puff of air.
  "Were...." Aaron gestured to continue.
  "We had sex." I said.
  "Colby you didn't." Sam said annoyed.
  "Are you kidding?" Jake asked.
  "Listen she came onto me and I didn't deny." I said with my hands up. "I was gonna tell her but she was in a....very good mood."
  "So you...okay" Jake said. "Well now you can't tell her any times soon."
  I nodded and face palmed. "Bro I cant tell her.  I'm terrified of breaking her heart."
  "So just live a lie?  Forget about Brooklyn.  Image your relationship in the future and she finds out." Sam said.
  "Facts.  She'd probably never trust you again." Corey agreed.
  I nodded and un paused the game, beating Sam.