Chapter 1 Part 4 - Pen

Ugh. I love reading, studying and learning, but I HATE our math class. Not that I can't keep up with it, but because of our teacher Mr.Smith. He is a fast talker that our class couldn't keep up with his big opinionated mouth. He'd make a way better rapper than a teacher if he had a good voice, which he doesn't. He's super strict to all students especially me, why? Because I once corrected him and he went full out beast mode and gave us assignments on the weekends.

From their, I shut up and just listened to his lesson. Even if he is wrong.

"Hey" someone tapped my shoulder. I looked and completely forgot who I'm sitting next to. The one and only Romeo Torres. "What do you want" I said, "I forgot my pen at home, can I borrow yours". "What's the point if you can't keep up with Jojo Siwa here" I pointed out. "Is there something wrong Mr.Anderson" "Fuck" I said to myself. This man might be old, but he has ears like an elephant.

"No sir, I was just writing and you know-" I scratched my head "Keeping up with the lesson". "And what is that supposed to mean" "NOTHING sir, I'm just learning that's all". From his look, I think he's pretty convinced. "And what about you Mr.Torres, where is your notebook and pen". "My notebook's right here sir, I just can't find my pen" Romeo said, "Well think of a plan, you're 17 and I'm pretty sure you still have some common sense in you" he went back to the whiteboard.

Romeo quietly begged for an extra pen and I just want this to be over. I checked my bag if I still have some and luckily I still do. "Here" I gave the pen to him, "Thank you" he whispered. And we finally get back to class.