Special Pet Part 35

This is how Tulip's Thanksgiving went:

    Lioslay carefully picks up Tulip from her bed in the morning. They carry her to the bathroom and help her. Then they take thier pet to the bedroom and dress her in a pretty calico dress. Tulip smiles at Lioslay as they brush her pretty hair.

    Lioslay gently picks up thier pet and carries her to her highchair. They carefully strap her in and prepare breakfast.

    Tulip is fed scrambled eggs and orange juice for breakfast. Her orange juice is in a cup with handles and a lid and straw for her so it is easier for her to drink. Her highchair tray has a non-skid surface so her plate doesn't slide around.

    Tulip smiles happily as she eats her breakfast. Lioslay eats chianna nuts in a bed of edible fuzz for breakfast.

    Lioslay carries Tulip to the bathroom and cleans her up after breakfast. They then gather her Nividian book and other supplies and carefully carry her out to their vehicle. They carefully strap her into her special seat.

    Tulip gives her owner a questioning look. "I'm taking you to your parent's house for the day, Tulip. You get to spend the Day of Thanks with them and stay overnight at their house," Lioslay tells her.

    Tulip looks very excited and happy upon hearing this news.

    It takes a while to get to Tulip's parents house. Her parent's owner, Veelosh, comes out to greet them when they arrive. Lioslay carefully hands them a very happy and excited Tulip.

    Tulip's parents come outside to greet her. "Hi, Tulip! How have you been?" Her mother asks in English.

    "Hi, Mother! I've been good!" Tulip answers slowly in English. "How have you been?"

    "We've been good honey. Have you been playing with your friends Margaret and Emily lately?" Her Father asks in English. 

    "I saw Margaret at the Pet Human Museum," Tulip says slowly in English as she is carried inside the house. Her parents follow her in.

    "Oh, Tulip, that sounds like it must have been so much fun!" Says her Mother in English. "Im so glad you got to go! Your owner is so kind."

    Lioslay brings in Tulip's supplies before leaving to visit thier family. "You have fun Tulip," they say in Nivish before they go. Tulip smiles happily at them and nods her head in response.

    Tulip is carried to a soft pen with a cushioned floor and many toys in it and carefully placed inside by her parent's owner. Unable to sit up, she flops over onto her side. Her parents are added to the pen next.

    Tulip's Mother runs over to her. "Do you want to sit up, sweetie?" She asks her daughter in English. 

    "Yes, please," Tulip slowly replies in English. 

    "David, come help me," her Mother tells her Father in English. 

    Suddenly, Tulip is picked up by Veelosh's sister. "Hi Tulip! Its so nice to see you again! How are you?" The alien asks while petting Tulip softly. She waits patiently for a response from the handicapped pet.

    Tulip smiles happily and tries to hug her.

    The alien gently hugs Tulip before placing her carefully back into the pen. "Do you want to sit up, sweetie?" She asks Tulip. Tulip slowly nods her head.  

    Veelosh's sister asks Veelosh for Tulip's special low chair and they bring it to her.

    The alien then carefully picks Tulip up and straps her into the chair. "Do you want your book, sweetie?" She asks. 

    Tulip slowly nods her head, and the alien goes to get her the Nividian book. She pets Tulip before leaving her to join the other aliens in the other room.

    Tulip plays with a turtle and duck pond playset while visiting with her parents.

    After a while, she is carefully picked up by Veelosh's brother.

    The Nividian carries Tulip to Veelosh's bathroom and helps her. Then they carry her to the dining room and carefully place her in a highchair. Her parents are brought in by the other aliens ond placed into highchairs next to Tulip.

    The pets are fed turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberries, corn, and apple pie for dessert. Tulip's turkey is cut up so it is easier for her to eat. The large gathering of Nividians eats thier own special recipe created for this day. Everyone enjoys thier food after the Nividians have given thanks. Tulip wears a bib to keep her clothes clean.

    One of the aliens gently picks up Tulip after lunch and helps her with the bathroom before carefully placing her back in her seat in the soft pen. Her parents are carefully set on the floor so they can use the bathroom independently. They are placed into the pen with Tulip afterwards.

    Tulip happily plays a board game with her parents, enjoying their company. (Nividians don't have any paper or cardboard, so it is made from a different material found on Nividar.)

    After they are finished with thier game, Veelosh carefully picks up Tulip and holds her gently. "Do you want to go in your pet walker for a while, Tulip?" They ask the small human. Tulip slowly nods her head yes.

    Veelosh gently puts Tulip into a safe pet walker which has a seat and toy tray and the Nividian equivalent of Wheels. (Similar to our wheels but very different and much better.) on the bottom. Tulip is allowed to explore the house anywhere where the doors are open. Her Nividian book is placed in a side pouch on the walker for her.

     Tulip happily walks slowly around the house, the Nividians stopping to pet her and talk to her every time she passes someone. They are playing a game she can't understand in one room. 

    Soon tulip is too tired to go any farther. A Nividian older child comes and carefully picks her up out of her walker. "Are you tired, Tulip?" The older child asks. Tulip slowly nods her head yes, so she is carried into her bedroom and put into her bed for a nap. 

    It is close to suppertime when Tulip wakes up. She cries for her parents in English. They hear her and call to thier owner, who comes in and picks Tulip up out of her bed.

    Tulip is placed back into the soft pen with her parents after she is finished in the bathroom. "Please ask them to get me a drink," she teIls her Mother in English. "Okay, honey," her Mother answers in English. "Veelosh, come Tulip drink," she calls to her owner in Nivish.

    "Okay, Alice," Veelosh replies. They arrive shortly with a cup of apple juice for Tulip that has handles and a lid with a straw for her.   

    The pet family plays a card game together (The cards are not made of paper.) while they wait for supper.

    The pets are fed the leftover turkey dinner for supper and the aliens eat leftovers from the dinner they had made earlier.

    Tulip is given a bath after supper by her parent's owner. Their family has gone home already. She is dressed in a lovely nightgown with tulips on it after her bath. She plays with her toys until bedtime afterward.

    Author's Note: Thank you for reading Special Pet! Please consider voting or commenting if you enjoyed the story. I'm trying to write the Christmas part now but I don't know when it will be ready. It may spread over several chapters. You can suggest gift ideas for the pet humans or the aliens to receive on my conversation page. Thank you to those of you who have offered suggestions. My friend MachelleIrby included Maragaret and Quigor in part of her book called A World or Two. It's about a pet human convention! She had my permission to use my characters. Always get my permission first before using anything from my story. There is a link to A World or Two in my reading list. Margaret will be back with the begining of the Christmas part in the next chapter. Have a Merry Christmas!