Downfall

Unease was an understatement to what I was feeling. Truth be told, I was scared for some reason. That churning feeling came in my stomach, though I ignored it, trying my best to continue moving on with Izuku.

It was the middle of the night. We were both in a cab on our way to... wherever he was taking us. During the ride, I began to think to myself; exactly why is Izuku helping me become stronger? Mainly when he needs to focus on himself and One for All.

"Izuku," I said. "Why are you doing this all of a sudden? I appreciate it, but why are you helping me?"

"I told you already." He smiled. "As your friend, I will always be by your side, which means helping you as well. Also... I've seen depression massed by your handsomeness."

"What?"

"Sorry! Really, it's just..." The boy had his hands on my shoulders, looking at me dead in the eye with the most serious face I have ever seen. "It's sad to see you this way. You have to lie to yourself and try so hard."

He then pulled me into his embrace. I tensed up; however, slowly and surely, I relaxed and accepted it.

"When we're done, you won't have to worry about these problems anymore. I promise."

That was when I didn't hesitate anymore. I completely trust Izuku and... I do need to become stronger in order to get where I want to go.

I want... no... I need this.

"Alright, Izu. I understand. I want to become stronger."

The conversation soon ceased when we made a halt to the unknown destination.

That unknown destination turned out to be this abandoned warehouse.

Before I walked out of the cab, I took a deep breath. Izu placed his hand over mine and gave me an assuring nod.

Together, we walked out and towards the building.

We walked in and fear began to take over me. I really did not feel right about this now. I tried to turn around, it to see that the door was closed. The only light illuminating the place was the moonlight shining in the center of the room.

"Uh, Izu, I think I change my mind. Let's go back to UA." I said. He was nowhere to be found.

My heart began to race and I looked around until...

"Daigo." He called. I massively sighed in relief. Turning around, I noticed was off.

Way off.

Two beings revealed themselves. The more they came into the light, the more I realized... this was less of help and more of a problem.

"Izu what... are they doing here?" Standing on both sides of the boy were Dabi and Twice. I then had that feeling I was already surrounded, so I closed my eyes, heavily exhaled, and turned around to see Magne, Mr. Compress, and Spinner.

There was no choice but to fight now. I will be damned if I stay here any longer. Therefore, I decided to assume a fighting stance.

"Can't you see it already?" He said with a psychotic smile. "We're gonna help become stronger."

"I can't believe you," I said. "You worked so hard and for what? Only stoop so low?!"

"It is what it is. Take him."

Right then and there, Compress and Spinner tried to apprehend me. Of course, I didn't hesitate to fight back. Carefully, I timed myself in order to successfully hit a spinning heel kick on them at once. Spinner came at me whilst throwing a few daggers. I stayed calm and tilted my head right then left to dodge. Granted the lizardman had me by the neck, but one good hit to the nether regions finished him off.