Waste of Time

The next step: Rescue.

All one hundred of us in the anteroom stood there, asking why as the entire testing field blew up before our eyes.

As revealed, we will have to manage rescuing citizens in more of a disaster setting. Seeing the demolition of the entire field really reminded me of the Camino Ward Incident and how a lot of bystanders turned out to be under the rubble. This was most likely inspired by that.

They would grade us through the bystanders' judgment. If we make the slightest mistake, points will be deducted. Just like a regular test, fifty points and under, you failed.

Suddenly, my stomach began to turn. Something didn't feel right about this. Even though I tried to calm myself down by taking deep breaths, I can't help but realize that there's a chance that I may screw up and badly. This is an entirely different ball game from fighting villains as you can see.

Damnit no. I slapped both of my cheeks in order to keep my head in the game. Over and over, I whisper and kept thinking to myself, I can do this.

"Are you alright, Daigo?" I turn my head to see Izu staring at me worried. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Never better." I smiled. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"No need worry. You got this. Especially with that powerful force of yours." Nana said with so much confidence. It kind of made me feel a little better. "Besides, you won't be alone in this. Right, Midoriya?"

"You got that right. We'll make sure you're with one of us this time." He smiled. That smile of his really calmed me down. I was at ease now and a little fired up.

"Thanks, you two."

ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ARE YOU READY?!

For the second time around, the walls and roof separated with us in the middle of the field.

BEGIN!!!

No one wasted time to find any "victims". As we ran, Nana and I eyed each other and nodded. When the class stopped for a second, some of us began to separate into groups.

"Izu!" I called out. "We're heading to the other side of the field."

He nodded. Before I headed off, I made a quick stop between Denki and Eijirou.

"Are guys going with Bakatsuki?" I laughed.

"You know it." Both of the boys gave me two thumbs up.

"Good. Keep a good eye on him for me." And with that said, I skated right back to Nana's side as we headed for the other side. Under deep consideration, we decided to head for the factory portion of the field. And just our luck, too. We were the first to spot two bystanders surrounded by a bunch of pipes. I was about to skate straight towards them but I stopped myself. Afterward, I examined the two very carefully from afar. "Hey, Nana. I'm going off of a hunch here and say that the supposed child has the broken leg and the adult has the minor arm injury."

She looked carefully herself. She then smirked. "You're right. So what do you want to do? Pick your poison."

"I'll go for the child," I said. We both made our way down to the two judges. Since I already knew what I was up against, I check for the pulse. Now that I had a closer look at the child, it is actually a short old man, basically the same size as Gran Torino. "Don't worry little one. Everything is gonna alright, ok?"

"Hmm. I would deduct points for not checking if I could walk or not, but you could already tell, huh?" He asked.

"Yes, sir. Hence me checking your breathing and such."