Chapter 9

She missed Roman. She missed him so fucking much,it hurt.He'd turn fifteen next week,she remembered. Delia hoped,for Keiran's sake,that Roman was ok. If he wasn't, well,Keiran would realize that he wasn't the only one with demons. And hers made her a worse monster than he ever would be. Delia's face grew darker as she remembered what happened.  Six years. Six years and she could still remember it as if it was yesterday.
                        Her mother's horrified, haunted scream. The blood,all the blood,thick and dark as it stained their Persian carpet right through,leaving a dark patch on the wooden floor. Funny,she didn't feel any remorse over what she did. As far as she was concerned, she had to do it. She couldn't continue living like that. Roman couldn't continue living like that. Maybe...maybe she could have persevered, but Roman couldn't.
                          Delia watched the arms of the clock as the seconds ticked by ,her mind wandering to the past, as her eyelids grew heavier and heavier. Back to when she was nothing but a scared little girl. Back to when she had both a mother and a father. Back to when she and Roman actually had a family. Back to when everything was normal. And without realizing it,Delia fell asleep.
X.     X.      X.  
When she finally woke up,it was already growing dark. The last rays of the sun had long disappeared from view,not quite leaving her in darkness, but dark enough to dim her surroundings.    
                       Delia sat up,rubbing her eyes tiredly. Seven hours straight she had slept, and she still felt like she hadn't slept a wink. From what was left of the day light,it was clocking seven pm. Delia reached out and switched on the lamp on the stand next to the bed. It was then that she noticed the box at the far end of the king sized bed. Delia got up and switched on the lights of the room,the instant brightness of it all making her grit her teeth in annoyance. Even so,she made her way to the bed,and sat next to the box. Delia eyed the room warily. Not a single sign showed that some one else got into the room as well. Even the door was as closed shutvas she left it. Was she that much of a heavy sleeper that she couldn't even hear someone get into the room?she wondered.
                         No. It must have been the fatigue from before,she reasoned. Delia gingerly took the box and placed it in her lap. On top of it,was a note. Delia quickly detached it from the box.
         The note itself was made of embroidered paper,on top of it,stood a single letter. Written in midnight black ink,the exact shade of her own hair,the letter stood out bold against the ivory white of  the paper itself. Just like the owner,Delia thought, as she tore her eyes off the letter and opened the note to see what was inside. Delia's eyebrows rise in surprise as she took in the penmanship of the writing. For a guy,Keiran actually had a ...pretty good handwriting. It was actually...really beautiful. Much better than hers for that matter. Did it mean he brought the box himself?she wondered. Nevertheless, she read it.

           Butterfly. I hope you are well rested. I trust that lunch was up to your liking,if that is,you had any. I require your presence at a dinner I am going to,as my plus one. There are a number of dresses in the wardrobe in your room. Pick the one that strikes your fancy. All I ask is for you to wear this with your ensemble. Montego will pick you up at 7pm ,sharp. Don't disappoint.
Keiran.