Knowing You Better

"Hello? Anybody?"

Rowan stepped into the throne room, her feet deadly silent against the marble floors. They hardly made a thud as her heart raced faster than a speeding racecar. Her muscles were ridged and stiff beneath her flesh, every instinct engraved into her mind shouting and banging like a gong in her head to be careful. Rowan stepped into the throne room, deadly silent. That danger was nearby. Close to her skin.

She only wished she could've seen it.

She didn't feel lost, nor afraid. But she knew that something invisible and sensible was in there. She knew that she shouldn't be but she just had to search for it. She had to stop her curiosity from assaulting her mind to search. To see what is it. She had to go back to her cell...Wait a second...

How did she get out of her cell?

"Rowan."

She turned around and her eyes widened. She gaped.

"Mom?"

Ann's eyes were the same color as hers, elation shining, smile bright and beaming. Rowan's lips cracked a rare, genuine smile, and the restrained tears welled in her blue orbs. One slipped and the young kunoichi shoved it away with the back of her hand. "Oh, mom!" she exclaimed and ran up to her open arms. Mother and daughter hugged each other tightly, happy to see each other. "How much I've missed you my little girl..." her sweet voice which always reminded her a famous actress, Jessica Chastain, whispered above her, a kiss planted on her head from her red wine lips.

"I did too, Mommy." Rowan replied, her voice cracked from the despair mixed with happiness. Even if she wanted her whole deceased family to be in that dream and have fun at least for the period of time her sleep gave, she was grateful that her mother was there. Hugging her like always, her sweet perfume of roses and strawberries filling her nostrils. Long strawberry red hair fell on her forehead and cheeks and gave them soft kisses on her pale skin, same as hers. That reminded her of her father, the smile he gave to both whenever he saw them hugging each other. She remembered how happy he was and then he joined their hug with James holding his father's shoulder tight.

Rowan lifted her head; icy eyes locked to the same pair. Ann shot a smile to Rowan, one of those the kunoichi adored when she was younger. A full, relaxing smile showed her bright white teeth set in a beautiful row. Lacks of her cheeks beautifully completing the set as Ann's eyes shone with love, happiness...

But hidden sadness and fear of danger.

Her hands held Rowan's shoulders; her engagement ring shone under the moonlight so as some bracelets, presents of Rowan's father. Her smile vanished; her face became cold; Rowan titled her head on her left. "What's wrong mom? Is there something you need to tell me?" she inquired, her heart started to race again inside her chest, instinct rang in her head. A pale hand cupped Rowan's cheek, fingers hitched her skin softly, like a wish. "I've seen what you're doing all this time. I know what happens now to you. What Oroku Saki does to you." Ann replied with Rowan's eyes slightly went wide. "You did? And I thought that...you and dad just..." she tried to say but her mother shushed her. "We always watch you baby. You should remember that." Ann assured giving another smile to her daughter. "Even James?" Rowan asked and her mother laughed; a happy and unbending laugh that brought up to Rowan memories her heart hid all these years her parents died. "Even James honeybee. Even James." Ann replied before her face became again cold.

"Rowan, my sweet and strong baby, promise me that you'll stay as you are. Be with Splinter and the turtles. Do you promise me that?" Ann asked as her skin became paler than before, shocking Rowan much. "Mom what-?"