Karai's Vendetta

The warm air in the city was thick with scent of body odor and stale hotdogs from the street vendors as people milled around the busy streets of New York. The black-blue sky above them was starless, half of the moon free from the thick clouds shining its pale white glow down onto the neon streets. To a tourist, or even once in a while a regular New Yorker, it seemed like the perfect time to freshen up in an air-conditioned home as they were pulled into the lull of dreamless sleeps.

However, he couldn't.

His good eye glared at the Kraang-creature darkly, his patience wearing thin as he held it up in a vice-like grip. The alien screeched madly as it squirmed its tentacles, attempting to break out from the man's powerful clutch. He vaguely understood that it was yelling at him in its odd language; but that only meant the eruption of his ill-temper, extracting the information he needed.

With cold eyes, as he stared down at the creature with indifference, as if it were nothing more than an annoying pet, he demanded, "Why were you hunting the turtles?"

The bright pink creature screeched in reply.

"They don't talk much outside their little houses."

Behind him, Karai was sitting on a small black table, her gloved hands patting gently a half-burned Kraang body which she and Danny found some months ago. She was truly enjoying the show from where she was seated. Father was short-tempered when provoked just the right amount. Anything right about now could unleash his wrath with the snap of a leash. And right now...with the screeching alien, piercing yellow eyes, writhing beneath his hold, and the blazing hatred burning behind his damaged irises, it seemed impossible for one human being to hold this much hatred over one being.

Except for Rowan and Jewel, of course.

Except it was now just Rowan who could accomplish such a feat ever since Julie was brutally murdered all those years ago. A death that was avenged a year ago when Karai found that bastard and showed a thing or two about her definition of torture. And unfortunately for the foreign creature, her father was glaring down at it with such vile hatred, and vice-versa. It was such a feat no other human being could accomplish except for her two friends...but now, tragically, it was just the one friend. A day that was engraved into Karai's young mind like a tattoo, both Julie and the monster gone forever.

She only hoped Rowan wouldn't face the same fate.

How naïve she was though.

Shredder shot his daughter a glare, totally galled with her but none word came out from his covered mouth. His hand threw in the alien creature who just sound off to his own language again until he got used in the half-burned robotic body. It took some seconds for him to activate the body but several minutes to realize that his hands and legs were missing. And that gave him one more hint to screech in complain as the robotic head lifted to Shredder's side. Puprle, emotionless robotic eyes shot him with a blank look, purple lights coming into court on the mouth.

"Kr-kr-Kraang is lacking the knowledge to answer the questions that the one known as Shredder is asking of Kraang." a passionless voice finally said and Shredder arched a burned eyebrow, concealed in his helmet. "Do they all speak like this?" he inquired with Karai silently laughing behind him. She completely forgot that her father knew nothing about the aliens, only from what she and Danny told him months ago when both first met them.

"Even if Kraang is possessing the knowledge, the one known as Shredder will never be getting that knowledge from Kraang." the Kraang continued, protesting against Shredder's will. Karai laughed again as she saw her father cursing in Japanese, anger, venom, and annoyance filling each word differently. A teasing smirk showed at the edge on her left side of her red painted lips, her amber eyes shining with joy. "You didn't have any other plans for today, did you?" she joked, earning another glare of his. One of his hidden blades came out from his gloved hand, the metal shinning under the moonlight, attracting its attention easily. "Let's try again." he suggested and pointed the edge of the sharp weapon close to the Kraang's head. "Why were you hunting the turtles?" he repeated as the alien widened its eyes in fear, teeth grinded. "The ones known as the turtles are protecting the life forms needed by Kraang, the ones known as April O'Neil and Rowan Fox." he replied, shocking Karai and satisfying Shredder a lot. He could use those two to make the turtles and their pathetic rat master come out from hiding and...finish with that story once and for all.