Thirty

"Let me guess, you have the perfect prom dress picked out already?" Klaus smirks, causing Caroline to gently nudge his side.

She leans back further on his bed, "of course! Prom is tomorrow night! I've had it ready for months."

Klaus chuckles at her, shaking his head. She smiles at him out of the corner of her eye when his gaze returns back to his books. She can't help but to admire his looks. He's rather handsome, and for some reason, she's only now noticing how amazing his bone structure and smile really are.

"Okay, what'd you get for answer four?" Klaus asks, changing the subject.

"Is it forty two?" Caroline asks, still unsure of herself.

"Good job. You know, you've gotten a lot better since last week when we started. How are your grades looking?"

"Well, my D- went up to a C+ so that's a start. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it," she smiles.

"Well I'm glad. I can drive you home if you'd like," he offers, beginning to put his stuff away.

"If you don't mind, then yeah. That'd be nice," she smiles.

They get there stuff together, heading downstairs. Kol is standing in the kitchen, most likely getting a snack.

"Hey Care," he smiles, his face lighting up once he sees her.

She smiles back at him, "Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing. How was tutoring with this idiot?" Kol asks, teasing more than being rude.

Klaus rolls his eyes, pushing him gently and she can tell something is different between the two of them. Something... positive.

"Are you two okay? You're not at each other's throats today," Caroline points out.

Klaus shrugs, "we made up," as if it's a simple thing.

Caroline's jaw drops, "you mean you're actually friends?"

"I would call it acquaintances," Kol jokes, receiving a hair ruffle from Klaus.

Caroline admired the two's affection, smiling. It's weird seeing them both this way- in the same room, happy.

"Well I'm glad. You two deserve to be happy if anything," she states.

Kol eyes them, "wait, so do you two get along? Since when?"

"I didn't want to seem like I was choosing sides or anything so I never said something to you, but Klaus and I have been getting along for awhile," Caroline explains.

"Oh," Kol nods, and Caroline can't tell if he's upset by it or not.

"Well we're gonna head out," Klaus announces to his brother who nods once again, still staying silent about the whole 'Caroline and Klaus have been friends and he never knew about it' situation.

"Okay, have fun," he smiles, turning on his heel and heading into the kitchen. Klaus and Caroline's eyes meet for a split second before he begins walking out, grabbing his coat on the way. She follows behind him, taking one last glance at Kol before getting in the car, the two of them driving away.

They finally reach her house, and Caroline is well passed surprised to see her mother standing in the doorway, smiling and waving.

"Is that your mom?" Klaus chuckles fondly at her overjoyed expression.

"Uh yeah, one second. Wait here," she orders, getting out of the car and furrowing her brows at her mother.