Twelve

It's around 9pm on a Saturday night when Caroline arrives at Kol's house, heart heart beating rather quickly as she knocks on the door.

"Tonight is gonna be so fun," Elena squeals, unable to hold back her excitement.

Bonnie nods, agreeing with her friend, "I'm betting you and some guy make out in the first hour of the party."

Elena playfully scoffs, "it's not my fault!"

Before anyone can reply, Kol opens the door with a small smile as his eyes meet Caroline's.

"You made it!" he grins widely, leaning in to hug Bonnie first, then Elena, and lastly Caroline.

"Duh, we wouldn't have missed it! You always throw the best parties, Kol," Bonnie smiles up at him.

Kol laughs, "well I have to! It's the one time of the year both of my parents are gone. I have to take advantage of that."

Caroline nervously taps her fingers against her leg, hitting down on her lip.

"Alright get your asses in here already!" Kol chuckles and steps aside to let the girls in.

Caroline eyes the large group of people filling the house. Almost everyone has a glass of alcohol in their hand, talking or dancing with each other. She spots Rebekah in the corner with her boyfriend, Marcel, waving at them.

Caroline returns the gesture, turning to Kol who is standing beside her.

"Lot of people," she states, simply observing.

"I invited our whole grade, so I'd say so."

"Your siblings are here?" Caroline asks, obviously meaning someone in specific.

Kol smirks, "Klaus is upstairs if that's what you're asking."

She tries to respond but nothing comes out.

He laughs, "don't worry, Care. I told him not to bother you. I know you two don't get along, and I can't blame you. I hate him too."

Caroline decides it's best to not tell him that he and her do in fact get along well, instead keeping silent. Like Kol said, he hates him. She doesn't want to add to anything by telling Kol that she doesn't mind Klaus and potentially make him mad at her.

"Thanks for that," she nods.

"No problem. Want something to drink?"

"Have any beer?" Caroline grins and Kol nods, heading over to the drinks table to fetch her a Bud Light.

"Here you are," Kol hands her the can and she sips it smoothly, humming in content.

"Mhm," she smiles.

The doorbell rings, and Kol rolls his eyes, "I'll be right back."

"Have fun," she grins, eyeing the staircase which leads upstairs.

Kol won't notice if she's gone, right?

She makes her way upstairs, taking another sip of her drink. She stops in front of Klaus's room, the door slightly opened already. His eyes look up from the sudden noise, smiling wide when he sees her.

"I was warned to stay away from you tonight," he grins.

Caroline enters the room, taking a seat on his bed.

"Warned, huh?" she giggles.

"I'm sure he already assured you I wouldn't be a nuisance, huh?"

She smiles, sitting down beside him. She can't help but to notice his shirtless body, the only thing he's wearing are some loose gray sweatpants which show off his V-line. Caroline gulps, looking back up at his eyes.

"What are you reading?" she asks, and Klaus shows her a Shakespeare book that she surprisingly hasn't seen yet.

"Do you like Shakespeare?" he questions.

She smiles, "he's my favorite. Just the way he words everything and how there's so much more meaning behind ever sentence- it's beautiful."

Klaus smiles at the girl, watching the way his light hits her face quite perfectly...

"You better get back downstairs. Don't want to leave my brother hanging," Klaus clears his throat, bringing Caroline back into reality.

"Oh, right... I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, see you Caroline," Klaus states, his voice low as she exits the room, heading back downstairs.

• • •

Hi everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

Vote and comment!

XoXo