CHAPTER 8

TONY'S POV

"Bruce, goddammit, i don't care about the risks... she wants to be normal.", i said with frustration. He looked at me with shock by my uprising tone.

"Tony.....", he started but i cut him off quickly before he could continue, "Friday, bring Winter in." Friday agreed and i looked at Bruce with a look of anger, giving him the signal to back off.

WINTER'S POV

"Winter, Tony wishes to see you in the office.", i nodded, -thank you-, the sensors read my sign. "No problem miss.", he replied.

As i was walking down the hallway, i began getting anxious.' Is this what kids feel when walking to the principles office?', i wonder. I got in front of the door and knocked. 

"Come in, sweetie.", i heard dad.... i mean tony say. I walked in and saw a new face. I immediately got worried and tony could tell. He walked over and put his hand on his back. 

"Winter, this is Bruce. He is a doctor and scientist.", i waved at him as i got a little more comfortable with his reassuring smile. Tony led me to the couch where we both sat. 

"So, winter. Bruce would be willing to do the surgery to your mouth. Although it sounds like it would be simple, it may be hard due to the duration that you have had them. When we do this, well if i guess, we will bring Loki in to restore your teeth's health and to take away the scars once the stitches are out. Loki will come by every week and the scars should be gone within about 3 weeks from what we know. We also will help you with your speech, whether that's with a speech therapist or Bruce.... he's pretty much the jack of all trades. What do ya say kid? Does this sound like something you would want.", he asked with a look of genuine care and interest. 

I looked at Bruce who looked at me a bit worried, then to Tony who looked hopeful. -Yes.- i signed. Tony jumped up and hugged me and spun me around. 

"Guys, what is all this commotion about?", Steve came in and said. Tony looked at steve, "Winter is getting a donkey.", Steve looked at him with genuine confusion. "Dumbass, i was kidding. Winter here, accepted the surgery." Steve looked over to me and ran and embraced me. 

"Sis, i told you we would help you.", i nodded tears in my eyes. 

-thank you.-, i signed to bruce and tony. 

"Your welcome kid.", tony said and hugged me once again.

Yep. Definitely family.