20

Jungkook's POV

It all happened in one blink. I couldn't comprehend what was happening, until I was shoved onto the ground. My arm hurt, colliding with the solid concrete pavement. I tried to get up, only to be pushed back down. Someone held me still, their weight crushing me.

I heard yelling, possibly from Namjoon. I had a feeling that what was happening behind me was not good. 

With force, I pushed the person off me. I pinned them down, my strength over dominating their's. I looked closely at their features, recognizing them as one of Junseo's members. I didn't have to be ordered around to quickly knocking them out, my fist making contact with their face.

With no hesitation I ran back to where all the others were, only to find that all hell broke loose between the two groups.

My heart skipped a beat. My breath hitched as I saw the sight before me. No matter how much I was exposed to blood, it made my stomach hurl. You might think I was immune to violence and shrug it off, but that wasn't reality. I forced myself to get used to it, otherwise I wouldn't survive.

Namjoon was ruthless, his fist was bloodied with Junseo's blood. A miracle he was even alive. When I look at it, this whole world had been nothing but a battle field between the living and the dead. However humans do unexpected things. One day they'll be helping each other, the next, leaving one behind to fend by themselves. It was cruel, I had realized. 

The true monsters were not the zombies themselves, but us. I could wonder why now the zombies existed. They existed to exterminate those who've sinned. That leaves us with it. I couldn't deny it.

Taehyung and Jimin fought off the others, leaving Soyi to try to pry Namjoon off of Junseo. It was major chaos, and I was in the middle of it.

"Namjoon stop it! You're going to kill him!" I could hear Soyi's plead, forcing my head to whip their way. She looked desperate, gripping his arms away. But why would she protect Junseo in the first place? What connections does she have with him?

I couldn't continue my thoughts as I was again, forced to the ground. I looked straight at them in the eye, their expression filled with hatred. In their hand, a knife.

Adrenaline surged in my body. I had only a little time react, quickly gripping on the person's arm from jabbing the sharp object into me. Instead, it cut a bit on the side of my cheek, blood slowly dripping. They struggled, but I did too.

Beads of sweat ran down my face, eyes focused and refused to shut. My heart raced with anticipation, filling my stomach with anxiety. I forced my body to move, despite everything in me was sore.

Like a miracle, I was able to turn the tables. Rolling over them, I held the knife they used to have. Killing was something I tried to avoid. I never liked that feeling, always sending guilt in my chest. However, sometimes there was never an option. Even if I try to find another way, in the end it always ended with one of us dying.

He stopped moving under me, my hands stained with his blood. I did this. My body and mind did this. I had became what I feared the most, despite having done it before. But only now did I manage to fully grasp it. I'm a monster.

My breathing didn't steady, my heart speeding up. I looked at their lifeless body. Their eyes were no longer filled any emotion. It was glazed over, empty like a void.

"Namjoon please stop! He's going to die!" again, I could hear Soyi plead. Her voice trembled with worry and distraught.

"That's the point," Namjoon kept going, not letting go.

I didn't want to intervene. I was too afraid to. He was not the leader we loved and looked up to. He was far gone into revenge, hatred. This whole mess has thrown us into a hole that we couldn't climb, leaving us stuck and buried in our past.