7

No One POV

The street was still empty like this morning, a couple dead bodies but that were the bodies of the walking corpses form earlier. Nothing really interesting happened on the way over to where the three boys scouted the area, a bit of laughter and conversations, but nothing important.

Taehyung felt chills ran down his spine like before, sensing the swarm of zombies just at the corner of the building. He looked at his other teammates, seeing that they also felt the strange aura around the place. Holding his knife close, he followed behind the leader to the building wall.

"This is where you said you first saw the horde, correct?" Namjoon whispered, trying not to get any attention towards the possible danger ahead. He slowly turned the corner, peeking. He only looked for a second, quickly bailing and moved away from the corner. "I get why you guys ran home panicked."

Namjoon looked around, trying to see if there's anyway to go around without being spotted. Inhaling the rotting smell of the bodies, he scrunched his nose in disgust. The more of them clumped together, the more badly the smell gets.

He looked over his shoulder, looking at Jungkook who had his silencer in his hand, gripping hard on the handle. Jungkook noticed the intense stare looking at him. He made eye contact with Namjoon, realizing the signal. Taking a deep breath, he, along with Jimin ran in the center of the street. He felt his heart beating fast, faster than that time he was about to get smacked by Jin.

He took out the stupid air-horn, making as much noise as possible to catch the attention of the decaying undead corpses in the cluster. The sound of the contraption boomed through the streets, an echo chasing after it.

As the bloodied heads tilted towards the two boys, growls and moaning started to increase as they began making their way to them, staggering and some tripping. They moved at a steady pace, but fast enough to already be ten meters closer.

Jungkook and Jimin ran the other direction, giving a clear yell for the others to hurry up and enter the building.

Given the chance, the rest of the group ran up to the lab, hitting and killing the few zombies that were faltering behind. Once they made it to their destination, they slowly opened the glass door, making sure not to make any sound. Jin walked up to Namjoon, holding him back from taking anymore steps. Confused, Namjoon looked down, seeing the sharp glass just angled to pierce anything that stepped on it. A whispered "thank you" left his mouth.

Taehyung peeked his head out the corner, trying to see if the floor was clear. So far, there didn't seem to be any traces of infected around - never mind, here comes one right now. He knelled down behind a table, the others not too far behind. He gulped, nervousness crept up his throat. He licked his lips, holding on the handle of his knife.

An infected scientist fell from the stairs, it's arm twisted and broken from the impact. It didn't die, the head barely damaged. It slowly stood up, never caring it just fell from flight of stairs.

Hoseok looked in disgust, gagging at the rotten sight. He didn't dare to make anymore noise than that.

Namjoon crawled himself closer to the table, adjusting his foot to make it less painful to sit kneel on. It hit the metal bar of the table, quickly making a bang noise, attracting the zombie from a few meters away. He cursed under his breath, fussing at how he should be careful next time. He looked to the side, eyeing the tottering corpse coming their way.

The rotting corpse banged the table on the way, almost falling due to it's unstable movement. It quickly regained its balance, turning the corner of where the it heard the sound. Unbeknownst of a fast blade, it finally fell face first into the concrete floor. The blood spill grew wider and bigger, circling the body.