Chapter 27

Zonnique

Me : Baby stay with me! Please stay with me.

I was crying holding onto Tori's hand. We were in the ambulance driving to the hospital now. Her heart monitor was still going but it wasn't as strong as it was earlier.

When we got to the hospital the paramedics came to the back and pulled Tori in the hospital. I followed them until a nurse stopped me when they went through another pair of doors.

Me : Move! I'm with her!

Nurse : Ma'am you can't go in there. You will have to wait until she's gotten through surgery.

I tried running past her but the security guards came and sat me in the waiting room. I called Tori's mother and told her what happened. Seconds later, I seen everybody coming in sitting next to me. I cried and cried going she would make it and be ok.

******

After what seems like almost two hours, I sat there with Keke holding me. I'm just staring into space thinking and praying. I hope Tori will be ok. I don't know what I'll do without her. I mean.....she's my everything.

When she gotten in front of me and took that bullet, I was shocked. Everything was caving in. Especially when Tori fell on me. She just stood in front of me and took the bullet.

Doctor : Family of Victoria?

We all stood up looking at the doctor. Blood was all on him. I thought it was all from Tori. Tori's Mom, Grace,  sniffed a little and walked up to him.

Grace : I-is she alright Doc?

Doctor : She has had eternal bleeding from where she was shot at. Puncturing the heart slightly. She slipped into a coma during surgery. 

I began crying again. I always couldn't take stuff like this serious. It makes me think I'm going to lose them. I just swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at him.

Me : Is she gonna be alright?

Doctor : Well....right now she's stable for now. We're a little scared that she might slip from us so we're gonna keep her here for a few nights until she wakes and everything's good.  

Drew : Can we at least see her?

Doctor : You can. One at a time though please.

We nodded then he left. We all let Grace go in first to see Tori. I sat in my seat and started shaking from the news the doctor told us. Bre came along with Bahja and sat on both sides of me hugging me.

Bre : She's gonna make it Nique.

Bahja : Yea. She'll pull through sweetie.

Me : I know. But.....I'm scared she won't.

Maiah : Sweetie she will make it.

EJ : Yea. I mean....she has been through worst.

Me : But what if this maybe her last time? What if she's pulled her last string and won't wake up? 

Nia : Sweetie you need to stop thinking of the what ifs and think if the positives.

Paris : Yeah. We know Tori. She'll fight through any severe damage that she's been through.

Roc : She's like a damn rock. She'll pull through Zonnique.

I smiled a little and looked at everybody. They gave me a smile back and I nodded.

Me : Ok. I will.

Couple of minutes later, Grace came out. Everybody offered me to go next but I told them I'll go last. After hours of waiting, I seen Ray coming out, which was the last one before me. His eyes looked glossy but I didn't pay that much attention took him. I then sighed and walked to Tori's room.

While I was walking, I felt my heart getting tighter. I was scared at how she would've looked like. I stood in front of the door and breathed in and out.

When I opened the door, I wanted to bust out crying. I seen tubes all in her arm. A mask over her face. And a bandage wrapped around her chest. Too much was going on. I heard her heart monitor beeping at a slow pace.

I quietly closed the door and walked to the chair beside Tori's bed. I sat down and looked at her beautiful face under that mask. She looked so peaceful.

Me : Hey baby. Um....*sighs and starts crying* I...I can't believe you did that. I am so sorry that I put you through this. It may not be my fault but....I feel like it is. I miss you. Please don't leave me. I need you here. With me. The doctors said that the bullet punctured your heart and had eternal bleeding.....Tori I don't want you to go. I don't want you to die on....on me! I pray you live. Don't go to the light yet Victoria. I don't want you to go. *sniffs*

I wiped my eyes and leaned to Tori and kissed her head.

Me : I love you so much Tori. I love you so much it hurts. I can't live without you by my side. I can't eat without you. I can't sleep without you. I can't even breathe without you Tori. Please don't leave me.

I then looked at Tori again and kissed her hand.

Me : I love you Victoria. I will stay with you by your side until you wake up. I'm not leaving you again. I will be back here later with some clothes. *pecks her head* I love you. 

With that I left and wiped my eyes again. I told everyone that I was gonna stay at the hospital with her since her Mom had to work and handle stuff. I left the hospital and grabbed some clothes from my house then came back and slept in the room with Tori.

*********

Aww. Almost shed a tear. Comment! School's here! Dammit!!

Byee!

Xoxo