Chapter 7

Ethan's P.O.V

I didn't even realize Emma texted me. I was thinking the whole time at her parking lot trying to plot a plan if I should go to her house, or call her back at home. I read the text and was pleased when I saw she wanted me to come over.

I took a breath and knocked the door. I didn't know why I was nervous or the fact that I was going to do something I thought I'll never do. I hope it would work. After talking to Meridith I knew I had to solve this one way or another.

Emma opened the door and, she didn't smile. That's not her, she always smiles. She must of still be a little mad.

"Hey, Em." I greeted first, smiling.

"That's a new one" She comments and hold the door wide so I can come in. She was still not smiling.

I made myself at home and sat on her sofa legs up on the coffee table. She closed the door and went straight to her kitchen. I waited awkwardly for her and she came back with two cups of coffee.

"I think we both need it." She says, handing a glass to me.

"Emma, I'm sorry. I didn't know that all the haters and what not are a big deal to you."

She sighs, "I could fucking care less with the haters. It's just if I lose this job I have, I'll be nothing. People already thinks before that I only hang out with you Grayson and James, for more subscribers. I dropped out of high school for this shit. I need to make the most of it"

I nodded, "I know how that feels. Sometimes I wonder why people watch us, it's not like we are cool or anything. We're all the same."

She sipped her coffee and bring her feet close to her chest, "Do you think this all would work?"

Oh, oh. I didn't want to come up with the subject just yet. I answer anyway.

"If you think it's not, I... I dont mind. But Em-"

"Ethan, " She cuts me off, "If you don't think it's going to work, what do you want to do?"

"Maybe we can... forget all that happen. And move on. We can still be friends." I sigh.

She frowns, "Wait, so you want to break up."

I shrugged, "If you want. I just want whats best for you, and I."

I looked at her, and she was staring at me. Her eyes glassy.

"Emma-"

"No, no it's fine. If that's what you want-"

"It's not what-"

"Ethan, I knew this won't work. I'm not good for you."

"Emma, wait hold up" I took her glass from her hands and place it on the coffee table, "I just want you to know, I don't want to do this." I held her hands.

"Then what do you want?" She glares.

"Another way."

"You made yourself clear."

"You did as well."

Silent.

"What do we tell them?"

"James and Grayson?"

"No stupid, the fans."

"We tell them it was a game at a party, something like that. Next Tuesday."

"I'll mention something in my vid too."

Silent. We weren't looking at each other any more.

"Emma-"