Queen of Beyblade: Wisdom

EIGHT YEARS AGO...

Gingka, Kyoya, Chris, King, Ferox, and Bilizu were camping outside an ancient temple in the Amazon Rainforest. It was uncomfortably humid, but they had received a WBBA report that they needed to retrieve an important blading relic inside the temple. The four adult bladers were unenthusiastic about the mission because something else heavily weighed on their minds.

"I still can't believe that we're missing Tsubasa's funeral," Gingka said, a frown set on his face as he thought about his deceased friend. "We should have set off later."

"Stop it!" Kyoya snapped, feeling unnerved by Gingka's moping. "I hate the look on your face."

"We're all grieving," Chris said, a shadow hovering over his eyes, "but this is our responsibility. Tsubasa wouldn't want us delaying this mission."

"We'll be in and out so fast it'll be like we were never here," King said, grinning and throwing an arm around Gingka, who was feeling particularly emotional as he had been the closest to Tsubasa. "Let's put our heart into it for Tsubasa!"

"That's right," Gingka said with a faint smile.

"Are you okay?" Ferox said. Her question drew the attention of the four men, who all realized that the girl was speaking to King's daughter Bilizu. After playing a critical role in Ashtem's defeat, Ferox continued to accompany Legendary Bladers on missions; however, this was Bilizu's first assignment, so the other girl was sweating and shaking.

"I am!" Bilizu squeaked, wanting to appear strong.

"That's good. Stay right behind the adults, brats," Kyoya said, gesturing to the temple's entrance. "This temple probably has loads of booby traps."

"How many times have you gone on trips like these?" Bilizu asked. She recoiled as King's Bey Variares hopped upward and destroyed an arrow that had suddenly shot out from the wall.

"Twelve times," Ferox said, observing the older bladers. Their launching techniques fascinated her, and she aspired to be stronger than them one day. "This is the thirteenth trip."

"Wow," Bilizu said, pouting. "You see my dad more than I do."

Ferox was unsure how to reply to an envious comment, but the adults saved her.

"Hey, Ferox," King said, waving her to the front of the crew. "Come here."

Chris showed Ferox that the tunnel split into four dark hallways. He then said, "We're going to launch each of our Beys in these hallways, and you need to tell us which one leads to the relic."

"If you mess up, we're screwed, brat," Kyoya sighed.

"You always do great, my angel," Gingka said with a smile.

Bilizu looked down at the ground as the older bladers launched their Beys, and Ferox listened closely and pointed at the rightmost tunnel. As the group traveled down that tunnel, Bilizu lagged behind, overwhelmed by a sense of uselessness. Ferox and Bilizu were the same age, yet Ferox had more confidence and respect from the adults.

The four men and two children finally entered a large chamber decorated with murals of a mighty phoenix vanquishing its enemies. At the chamber's end, a golden bowl guarded a fiery red and gold metal Beyblade.

I am the noble War Phoenix. Who dares enter my resting place? Phoenix's voice resonated, and Ferox watched as the flaming bird looked down her mighty beak at the bladers.