Chapter 44: Reckless

"Hurry up!"

Rantaro paced outside the doors, and his head whirled back and forth. He threaded his fingers through his hair, and he continued, "Come on! Where are they?! We're going to be called! This is all Free's fault! Ferox is always the first to come to a Beyblade match, so he must be up to something! That yellow fiend!"

"No kidding. Where are they?" Valt said with a frown.

"Excuse me?" Free said frigidly as Ferox followed closely behind. His comment was directed towards Rantaro, and he did not appreciate being accused as a bad influence.

"AHHH!" Rantaro and Valt yelped, and the two boys twisted around to look at Free and Ferox. Free looked as uninviting and unfriendly as ever, while Ferox seemed relieved to see them as if something unpleasant had happened earlier.

"Seriously, man. You've got to stop sneaking up on us like that," Rantaro said, balling his fists. He was determined to get the upper hand on Free this time.

"How so?" Free asked, tilting his head to the side.

Ferox could not help but smile.

"All ghosty...It's creepy!" Rantaro explained, hoping his comment would irritate Free.

"Really?" Free said, clearly uninterested. Finally, out of nowhere with a low voice, he said, "Boo."

"AAAEIIIEEE!" Rantaro shrieked and backed up.

That was actually pathetic, Roktavor said, exasperated.

Ferox laughed, wondering how Rantaro could have been possibly scared by Free. Maybe Rantaro was overdramatizing the situation, but genuine horror was on his face.

"So are we doing this?" Free said, moving ahead toward the doors.

"Sure, as soon as my heart starts beating again," Rantaro said with a pant, leaving Ferox unable to resist face-palming. Valt just shrugged and grabbed Ferox's hand.

"And, in the red corner, our friends from BC Sol!" the commenter said cheerfully, and the doors swung open, revealing Rantaro, Valt, Free, and Ferox. Rantaro and Ferox were on opposite ends with Valt to Ferox's right and Free to Valt's right. "Make some noise!"

The crowd started hooting wildly.

The commenter began to announce the bladers one by one. "The ultimate champion and number one blader in the world: Free de la Hoya!"

Free placed his hands on his hips, and a passive-aggressive look donned on his face. His stoic demeanor added to his mysterious lone wolf persona.

Animated, the commenter continued, "And right after him, we have Ferox Aoi--the top female blader in the world and the fiery, beautiful temper that took down Lui Shirosagi himself!"

"That's me!" Ferox boldly cut in and stood tall, falling into her persona of the powerful female blader who did not give a shit. It was the international stage now, and the more she embodied what had made her famous, the more views and the more money the team would bring in.

The crowd screamed as Ferox offered them a cocky smirk. None of them had a clue that Lui, the boy continually tied to the girl's blading career, now was haunting her thoughts, but this was the cost of being a blading star. You had to be the version of yourself that Beyfans wanted to see.

The commenter then said, "The next newcomer is all about being brave, bold, and bringing it: Rantaro Kiyama!"

Rantaro made a power pose, and the crowd cheered.