Chapter 36: Quit

Silas's jaw clenched.

"Tala Zmaj with a burst finish. Ferox takes the match with a score of two to zero!" Trad called, pointing to Ferox, who made a mischievous smile.

Silas sighed and adjusted his glasses; he resolved to do better next time.

He was well aware that Ferox was the second top blader in the world--not just in ranking but in reality. She had taken out Lui in a close match, while Free decimated Lui every time they battled. That meant Ferox was probably not as good of a blader as Free. If Silas could not even give Ferox a challenge, he could not challenge Free any time soon.

"Welcome, Silas Karlisle. It's a pleasure to have you on our team," Christina said. She stood up and said with a smile, "Ferox is only second to Free, so I was not expecting you to win. Your performance during the BC Sol vs. SunBat United match is enough to get you on the team."

So Ferox was beaten by Free, thought Silas. The reason I decided to join BC Sol was to learn everything you know, Free. Then, I'll be ready to bring you down. There can only be one top blader in the world.

"Dismissed!" Trad said.

Ferox thought back to Free, and she could not help but run her fingers through her hair. It was going to be complicated to talk to him. She hoped that he would come to training next time, but she was unsure if she could convince him. She could not force him to do anything.

And, shit, there was also the problem of Setsuna and Mercury Anubis.

Ferox had kept off thinking about it; it had gotten lost in the spiral of madness with Free. Yet she could not escape her parents' legacy. There were responsibilities that she had to fulfill, and that meant getting in touch with Setsuna. Ferox would have to call Wakiya sooner or later, even though she wished that Setsuna would remain out of sight, out of mind.

Silas noticed Ferox's agitation. He recalled the weird drama that took place between Free and Ferox during the BC Sol vs. SunBat United match, and with Free being nowhere to be seen, Silas made a tentative guess. He shifted next to Ferox, and he asked, "Trouble in paradise?"

Silas did not give a Satomb's arse about romance, but this was the top two bladers in the world. He wanted to know what was happening, especially now that he was part of BC Sol.

Ferox was unsure what to make of Silas's question, but it had been a while since somebody had asked if she was okay. She really wanted somebody to talk to. Yet she could not help but force a smile and say, "I could not be feeling any better right now."

Before Silas could reply, Valt darted towards the two bladers, and he yelled, "Yeah, Ferox! You showed Silas up! I'm getting fired up just watching you, so let's battle!" He pulled out his Beyblade, and Silas's nose scrunched in irritation.

Valtryek said, Let's face off again, great wolf-dragon!

Satomb snorted, How cute.

Ferox took that as her cue to leave, and she chuckled, "Let's go, Valt."

She rolled Tala Zmaj in her fingers, and the Bey hummed, You can't back down.

I know, thought Ferox.

"Don't leave me out! Let's have a Battle Royale!" Rantaro said, and he held up Roktavor.

Roktavor chuckled, Let's do this thing! Aim for the win!

"Hey, I'm coming, too!" Kitt insisted.

"Can I tag along?" Sasha asked.

"Sure," Ferox said, getting her launcher ready.