Queen of Beyblade: Promise

TWENTY-TWO YEARS AGO...

A fiery orange aura encircled a red-haired teenager, and his chocolate brown eyes twinkled. His lips upturned into a vibrant smile, and his fists clenched as he said, "I have one, too, you see--an incredible power that no matter how hard you try to control, you can never possess!"

Perhaps, he was brave or stupid, but Gingka Hagane was challenging the mighty God of Destruction. He jerked his arm forward, and despite his tattered clothes, he let loose a war cry: "Here we go, Rago! This time I will finish it! Do you hear me?!"

A giant demonic creature loomed over Gingka. Its jagged claws were outstretched, and its scarlet eyes glowed wickedly. A hiss traveled from its ragged lips: "Don't be ridiculous! The power of the Black Sun will blow you away!"

"Go now, Pegasus!" Gingka said, undaunted by the threat. His Bey charged forward against all odds and headed toward Rago's Beyblade Nemesis.

"Nemesis!" Rago howled. His Bey bowled ahead, and periwinkle shadows swirled around him. A thirst for vengeance in the air, Nemesis and Pegasus slammed into one another, and a surge of smoke and sparks flew backward.

Gingka clenched his jaw and covered his face to prevent dust from running into his eyes. He cried out, "Pegasus!" His Bey created surges of wind, and a gold aura enveloped Gingka. With this newfound power, Gingka screamed, "AGGH!"

Pegasus shimmered, and the Bey swung into a clump of debris. It bowled Nemesis further back into the broken ground until the dark Bey flew up like a mere feather.

Rago gasped as Gingka declared, "This is the power of all the bladers who live on this Earth!" Pegasus pounded Nemesis relentlessly into the barren land, and pebbles sprayed everywhere. As the earth deteriorated, Gingka yelled, "For all the future!" Pegasus's blinding light cascaded, and the Bey spiraled with boulders falling in its wake.

"A blazing blader's spirit!" Pegasus flung Nemesis with such force that a crater formed. Gingka said, "The bond between bladers--with Beyblade, it spreads without limit, and this is the ultimate power I have. It is something you will never have!"

"AGH!" Rago scoffed, and Nemesis emitted a purple aura. "No matter how many gather, worms are still worms! You and your ridiculous hope will be burned away by the fire of the Black Sun!" The dark spirit of Nemesis rose with its ragged wings, rigid talons, and snaky tail. Nemesis hovered above, an eerie purple color spreading through the sky.

Gingka's teeth gnashed together. "Here we go, Pegasus! Shining Wind!" Pegasus glowed, releasing a column of light, which kept the shadows at bay. "Fly now, Pegasus!" Out of the tornado came Pegasus, who shot up with beams trailing behind his tail. "Higher! Go even higher!" Pegasus persisted and pierced through the gloomy clouds.

Gingka could see himself on Pegasus's noble back, journeying past Earth's atmosphere to the expanse of space. His bond to his Bey strengthening, Gingka cried out, "Pegasus, you and I are one of heart and mind! Let's fight together until the very end!"

While diving, Pegasus whinnied, his snow-white feathers extending and his mane flowing.

Gingka yelled, "AHHH!"

Encased in starlight, Pegasus and Gingka plummeted and headed for the Black Sun.

"Defend the attack, Nemesis!" Rago ordered. Nemesis's dark spirit roared, and he charged, causing Pegasus to rear his hooves.

Nemesis and Pegasus clashed, and a massive surge of energy rattled the world.

Rago cackled, "Ha, ha, ha! It's over! Now, it's decided once and for all! You will disappear even before the rest of the world is destroyed!"