Gas Station Love [OhmToonz]

Long: 2358  words

Based off a song

UwU I love his story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan walked, he walked along the road side in the dirt and mud since there was no sidewalk, A small blue backpack slung over one shoulder, all he wanted to do was run but that turned out to be a bad idea, how long has he been walking? It felt like days.

He left without a trace, well... one note to his parents asking not to look for him as he won't come back, he wasn't sure what pushed him over the breaking point of making him run away, was it the constant abuse? His shitty user friends? His bad grades in school? whatever it was he was tired of it, so he left.

Legs sore, and back aching he decided to sit down in the dirt for a while, not caring what drivers thought of him as, he was happy being alone.

He got back on his pounding feet and walked, there had to be some cheap inn or motel around here somewhere.. right?

He could of run in the city, or towns but he chose to run in the desolate place where it's just road, like something you'd see in a movie.

After another hour he came across a gas station, a run down one but still open for the day, he checked his watch, not wanting to drain his phone. 7:20 pm.

"Hey, are you going to sleep here or buy something!" The man at the cash register said with an annoyed tone

"I'm buying something, Jesus calm down..." Ryan mumbled

Ryan had money, but he didn't want to waste it all on food, he filled his water bottle in the sink of the restroom, he bought some energy bars and some other gas station snacks, after doing so he sat down on the bench outside the building.

He saw someone pull in and fill their minivan with gas, by the looks of it, it was a family on a road trip, the one Ryan assumed was the mother gave him $5.

"thanks..." Ryan said, after she left he laughed "I'm not broke, you just lost five bucks sucker!"

Ryan was about to leave before the cashier beat him up to make him leave, or call the cops or something, Ryan wasn't waiting around for that, he drank some water and stood up, just as he did someone pulled in, and put gas into their motorcycle.

Ryan raised an eyebrow, he always wanted a bike, he loved the wind on his face and in his hair.

the drive took off his helmet, it was a man with a full beard, nice hair cut too, he was wearing a nice leather jacket, looked full on biker gang.

He looked Ryan's age too.

But he was also walking up to Ryan.

"Hey, what's someone like you doing out here alone?" he had an accent that Ryan likes, his voice was deep and soothing.

"what's it to you?"

"I was wondering if ya needed something, didn't want to assume anything."

"well, thanks for not assuming I'm a homeless drug user like everyone else, and I don't think I need anything" Ryan tried to walk away but he almost fell over, his legs were too tired.

"seems like you need a ride, where you headed?"

Ryan sighed.

"I'm Ryan, and anywhere but here"

"run away? and I'm Luke, nice to meet you, let me buy a couple things then you can ride with me, and let me tell you motorcycles are so much fun."

"okay.."