19. Sudden proposal

Editor: sadothesenutss

Hello! This is my last update for this month and I'm not sure if i can update in January and Febuary. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter💕
Thank u for those who vote and read my story😘

"Welcome home" Keito said as soon as Kaito stepped into the house. "I'm back.....Don't put carrots in that" Kaito replied when he saw his brother preparing for dinner tonight.

"Where's Yuna and Keiichi?"

"In the garden. By the way, both of them are horrible singers."

Kaito walked into the garden and saw Keiichi singing along with Yuna, with his eyes sparkling with admiration for the older lady.

"Ah! Kaito, you're back! Keiichi, look." Yuna pointed out. On hearing this keiichi's head suddenly whipped towards his mother and he all but ran towards him. "Mama!!" Keiichi yelled and threw himself in his mother's arms. Kaito instantly carried him and hugged him tightly. 

"I'm gonna help Keito prepare for dinner" Yuna spoke and went to the kitchen to give the both of them some space. She realise something must have happened to Kaito since he seemed gloomier than usual.

"You realised it too didn't you?" Keito asked, more like stated when he saw Yuna enter the house. Yuna solemnly nodded and worried about what was wrong with Kaito since it's been a long time since they saw him like that.

Kaito on the other hand still stood outside with keiichi in his arms, rocking him back and forth while rubbing his back. Kaito didn't realise that he was lulling Keiichi to sleep since his mind was still occupied by certain man and his thoughts wandered to the conversation he had with the said man at the cafe.

"Why should I answer that to someone I just met?"

"Because this someone feel he needs to know or else his heart will not calm down"

Kaito was stunned to silence by Shun's answer. Noticing the expression of the beautiful man Shun questioned him again "Are you okay?"

After a minute or two Kaito replied softly, "I rather let your heart feel agitated than answer" 

"That is a bad thing to do" Shun said as placed his cup down.

Kaito pulled out that piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to Shun. 

Shun looked at it before the sides of his mouth curved a little. He grabbed a pen from the nearby table and wrote something on that piece of paper and handed it back to Kaito. 

There was a little change of words as kaito looked at it. The word 'no' was changed to 'yes'.

"Kaito, even though we've just met, can you accept my heart and give me yours?"

"The hell?" Kaito spoke, his face morphed into a confused but comical expression.

"Let's get married" Shun declared, adding oil to the fire. Kaito swore he saw Shun's eyes sparkle. Feeling too lazy to argue about this matter, Kaito replied with a simple "whatever.."

"Mama." Kaito immediately snapped out of his daze. Keiichi's calling made him realise that he was thinking too much about a matter that he usually won't give two thoughts about. These kinds of things make him dizzy and Kaito realised the best thing to do would be to ignore it and he was sure that a certain koala will succeed in distracting him.