16. The displeasing start

Kaito had to go to the old mansion because of his grandfather. Again. That old man of his does whatever he wants and whatever suits his taste.

He should've been sleeping with Keiichi right now but here he was..

Kaito dispelled all these thoughts and sat on the beautiful white sofa, that had been made by his grandfather just for the love of his life, Maya. The only one that truly cared about him and Keito.

After father left mom and married another woman, Maya was the only one who would protect them. But sadly, she was gone too now. 

"Kaito" He was shaken from his thoughts and looked up to see his grandfather. "Greetings, old man" his grandfather nodded and sat on his brown coloured sofa and sighed before speaking "I'm sure you know the reason behind my invitation"

Kaito leaned back a little and spoke quietly "Inheritance, right?"

"...... How do you know that?" his grandfather spoke but changed the topic suddenly. "What do you feel about your family? Do you care about them?"

Kaito stared at him before sighing.

"I don't feel anything for them. I neither hate them nor like them, I am too lazy to have any emotion towards your family"

His grandfather looked at him with guilt in his eyes, guilty of what he had done and let others do in the past. 

"I cannot trust any of my grandchildren other than you" Kaito's grandfather spoke quietly after a moment of thick silence. He was disappointed in them with their stuck-up attitudes and poor leadership skills.

Looking at Kaito, he remembered the past when he too look down on him. But that one incident changed his view about his grandson.

"I came here because I am still grateful for everything grandma Maya had done for us. But if you want to push these responsibilities on me, then i'm sorry, I cannot fulfill that wish of yours" 

"But-" Kaito interrupted the older man by handing a piece of paper. He always carried this paper with him.

"Since I'm too lazy to continue the conversation, please ask me only 'yes or no' questions."

The corner of grandfather's mouth twitch slightly. Just like his daughter in law.

"Do you want to inherit-"

"No" Kaito spoke immediately and stood up, leaving the stunned grandfather. Though luck was not on his side today. As soon as he left the room, he was blocked by someone.

"What did grandpa tell you?" Kaito was already upset And now this. He really wanted to sleep, but the girl in front of him seemed to have something to say to him. But he was in no mood to listen to anyone's bullshit. He simply ignored the girl, stepped sideways and continued walking leaving a fuming demon behind.

Hello. Here's a chapter for all of you. And I want to celebrate something. I have an editor right now 😆😆sadothesenutss🎉🎉
The new cover also was made by our great editor.
I hope you guys keeps reading You, Baby and Me