Chapter 4 The Nobodies

Start from the beginning

Eventually, the fires of your panic die down after what seems like forever, leaving behind them an exhausted and bereft of any life body, retreating to shimmer steadily inside your heart, a constant companion threatening to swallow you back up at any given opportunity. Slipping in and out of sleep, you are unable to even guess how many hours you are left in here to rot; by now you are sure you are alone and by the ever-growing hunger and thirst, it must be at least a whole day since they got you. No sound reaches your ears other than your labored breaths and you are too terrified to attempt screaming out; it doesn't sound a very wise choice honestly and no one that can hear you is anything but a foe right now, so helping you out is certainly out of the damned question. Still, you have to think. Think long, think hard, find a way to at least unbound yourself; the ropes are securely wrapped around you by a skilled hand and no matter how much you shake your head to manage and take the hood off, it brings more pain than progress.

Trust yourself.

Calmly, you will find a way out of here.

Just think of a plan _____!

Think! Think!

Heavy footsteps reverberate like gunshots inside the silence.

Like a deer in headlights, your whole body freezes immediately and your panic skyrockets once again as you focus on the sound of not one, but three different pairs of footsteps walking just above your head. The wooden floor creaks and each step they take makes your heart pound painfully inside your ribcage and your eyes follow the sound which grows closer and closer. Your breath is ragged and you swallow hard in order to prevent yourself from hyperventilating again. Voices sound and you almost jump in your seat, cold sweat bathing you; half of your mind is battling fiercely to throw you off balance and into the depths of horror, alas the other half is ordering you to stay calm and think about this. It doesn't help at all when a door is unceremoniously opened and a light goes on above you, visible even through your hood. Previous conversations die down as they shuffle inside the room and you remain as perfectly rigid as you possibly can; it's calmness and evaluation that finally wins the battle. Even if you're scared shitless.

A pair of shoes comes towards you and yanks the hood off your head violently.

Light floods your eyes, momentarily blinding you enough not to see the hand grabbing the duct tape and pulling it off with a painful motion that has you voicing your discomfort. But as you adjust to the light, whatever emotion you had within you is overridden by absolute fear as Goggles towers above you, his fluorescent orange goggles shining ominously as he looks down on you.

From this close he literally looks twice the size he normally is, with his dark hair falling over his goggles in tangled disarray, adding to the shadows resting over his mouthguard. In the strangely prolonged moment he stands above you, he doesn't speak and only looks at you with his stare burning holes on your skin and his unnerving aura has the hair in the back of your neck stand up; a strong smell of rust and salt reaches your nose and your stomach turns once again as you realize what it is. Suddenly, his head twitches towards the right and a painful cracking sound follows it; your eyes widen in horror mixed with disgust, earning a low ominous chuckle from him before the man leisurely retreats back to sit with his comrades on the wooden table existing right in front of you.

Hood and Mask are already surrounding the table, with Mask sitting right across and on the head with Hood on his right and Goggles on his left. All of them are casually surrounding the table, their postures relaxed and eyes fixated upon you; trying to hide your fear, you fix your gaze straight into the table right in front of you, only to regret it when you notice the blood stains upon it. Biting down harshly on your lips, you chant the mantra of 'stay calm' inside your mind again and again. Or else you're going to lose it. Everything around you was covered in blood, the room being not too big but not too small, with a wooden staircase descending right behind Mask and obviously being underground.