1. Isolation

The months without mommy were really hard. I cried almost every night. The worst part was that I didn't have anyone to help me through my grief. I had no one.

Joe changed. He looked after me; I lived under his roof; ate his food, but he acted as if I didn't exist. When mommy was alive he used to tuck me in and tell me bed time stories, now it's like I'm a burden to him. If I asked the servants, I can get anything I want, anything except his love and attention.

As months turned into years I got accustomed to the loneliness.

I was home schooled so I always got up and got ready by nine '0' clock. I did my lessons. My teacher was a kind woman in her late forties, miss Molly. At two-thirty Miss Molly goes home and I spend the rest of the afternoon doing home work or reading books. The weekends were spent studying, watching TV or spending time in Joe's personal library. Miss Molly looks at me with sympathy but doesn't say anything.

I never got to go out. I once asked Joe to go to the park he said no. The way he said it was cold and final. To be honest he scares me, so I didn't want to push it by asking him again, in case he got angry.

I don't understand him. He never spoke to me and the furthest I ever got outside was the balcony. The only thing that kept me sane was Miss Molly and her lessons, I tried speaking to the servants but they never answer me.

I wondered if it was my fault. Did I do something?

I was half way through my fourteenth year in this world and so far it just wasn't worth living. I thought about taking my life but I never had to guts to do it. I was never one who could handle physical pain.

I noticed something. I caught Joe staring at me, which was strange because he hardly ever payed attention to me. His gaze always made me uncomfortable and I always tried to avoid it.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The rain poured outside. It was dark, I was scared that the electricity would go out but so far it's fine.

I pulled the blanket over me and snuggled in, deciding to go to sleep early.

The sound of thunder echoed In the mansion, which caused me to bolt up from my bed. I sighed in relief when the thunder stopped. Just when i was about to go back to sleep my room door was pushed opened.

"Hello?" I called. My hands were shaking, I hoped it was just the servants bringing extra sheets or something.

It wasn't. Joe walked slowly into my room, keeping his dark eyes locked on me.

"J-Joe? W-what are you doing here?" He didn't answer. My breath hitched as he came closer. He sat down at the foot of my bed. I gripped the blanket and pulled it up to my chest. His eyes raked over my body.

"You have grown into a gorgeous young woman." He said softly. I stayed still, in shock, I Didn't realize that he came closer, the back of his hand slowly caressed my cheek. My eyes filled with tears.

I hurriedly got off the bed and scrambled to get out of the room, but his arms snaked around my waist pulling me to him. My back slammed into his chest.

"No." I screamed. I was full on sobbing.

"Don't be scared." He whispered in my ear. "I promise you'll enjoy it." He said, as his hand ran up my thigh.

He thew me on the bed and crawled on top of me, pinning me down. He was well built and I was defenceless.

"No." I sobbed. "Please."

He didn't listen. My clothes were off. His clothes were off. I screamed in pain as I felt him push into me.

"Please stop." I begged. I felt his disgusting lips against My neck as I screamed for help. He didn't care that I was screaming, because he knew that no one would come.

My body went limp, I allowed him to what ever he wanted, it was no use.

A small part of me still hoped that someone would come to save me.

No one came...