"Why do I live in a house with no food!?" I growl slamming my fridge shut and walk over to the pantry digging to find like I thought really nothing. Does anyone else out there feel like they are constantly at the store but their house always seems empty? I know me and Max don't eat that fast or much but we just went to the store three days ago.

I planned on just coming home after school and let Max get a ride but I guess now I will just wait and we can go to the store…again.

Max must have set a timer on the coffee pot because when I look over at it the little red light is on and the coffee is starting to drip. I know I have about 10 minutes for it to finish so I decide to take a shower hoping maybe this will stop my aching body. Walking up the stairs back to my room I realize how empty and creepy my house is when it's just me. I mean I have stayed home alone before but this is the first time alone in this house since we moved and it is really weird.

This house is so much bigger then my old one, so much. I kind of liked my small three bedroom ranch back home, it was cozy, homey. This one is three stories; well two with a finished basement and it is all wood. It's a gorgeous home don't get me wrong just different, just taking some getting use too.

One thing I got use to quick was the fact I have my own bathroom, that part is amazing.

I open the glass door spinning the dial as hot as it gets as the steam starts to pour through the small room. Walking over I grab my towel slinging it over the side of the shower to make sure not to get wet but hanging there when I'm done. I strip out of my clothes to climb in the shower and as the warm water falls over all my aching joints I think of one thing.

Colton.

Don't ask me why. Don't ask me why hot water spilling over my body makes me think of him but it does. I don't know maybe because…ok maybe it's because it makes me think of his warm mint smelling from his gum, breath, or when his hand was on my body it felt almost like a burning much like the hot water. I don't know but one thing I do know I do not want to be thinking about Colton Wells in the shower. I mean that's just weird.

After washing my hair, massaging my body some with my vanilla body wash I climb out of the shower to hear my phone going off. I grab it quickly knowing that I couldn't have been in the shower that long, I mean it can't already be noon. Yet then I smile when I see it's just a text, a text from someone I miss very much.

Zane.

'Hey babe how is the move treating ya? I miss your skinny ass up here.' It says and I roll my eyes at him. Explaining Zane and me to someone is like explaining that whole what came first chicken or egg thing you just can't. We have a past, a weird complicated one that I wish to anything I understood.

'Hey hun. It's ok different, people are more…'friendly' here.' I respond pulling my towel tight around me as I walk into my bedroom to get ready for school. I am really not in the mood to look cute; I am in the mood to just wear some clothes because I have too. Digging through my dresser and closet I see I completely fail at the whole sweat pants look.

Note to self get some clothes for days I want to bum out.

Max doesn't ever really care me wearing his clothes as long as I wash them so I just go to his room for some. Now being he is a good 5, 6 inches taller than me his pants don't exactly fit. However he does have a pair of old black sweat pants that have like elastic on the ankles that will hold in place so I just grab those pulling them just below my knees and one of my white t-shirts and of course his lettermen jacket only because this thing is warm. I think I wear it more than he does, actually I am more than positive on that but I like it. I like that I wear his jacket and everyone looks like how did she get that. Girls flock over my big brother, I don't get why. I mean I get why I have an attractive older brother, he has those dark eyes with long eye lashes that just light up when he smiles and the most perfect teeth I have ever seen which is annoying since he has never has braces but yeah.