The scenario in front of her is unfamiliar. It almost looks like he can hear some noises which she can't. She imagines it's because he has a headache. Taking small steps towards him, she reaches her shaky hand to touch him.

Her hands are trembling at his behaviour. Maybe because it's unexpected. Also, probably, because Jaanvi never considered Kiaan being this angry. 

Biting her lips to prevent herself from speaking, she gently grasps his forearm. He almost looks murderous. She has to be very careful with her choice of words.

"Y-you okay?"

His eyes shoot up. He stares at her with deadly expressions. His eyes were brutally dark and tough to make eye contact with. Despite her fear, Jaanvi looks him directly in his dark orbs, ignoring her uneasiness. 

"K-K-Ki-Kiaan?" She stutters, gulping down the horror she currently feels inside her body to see her husband like this.

"I need alcohol Jaanvi!" He growls this. Eyes fiercely glaring at her. She stays shocked. Rigid. Observing his wife taking nothing into account he grabs onto her shoulders and pulls her to his face.

When we see a thunderstorm, we notice it doesn't come alone. It always arrives with dark clouds, the sky goes charcoal as if to emphasise the arrival of the storm. It may be visually beautiful in movies or pictures but the fear it leaves behind crawls up everyone's spine. It's an experience of questions, of myths, of the storm. 

His eyes make her feel the same. A shudder swims past her. His eyes are so stormy. So determined and focused. So inraged. His body radiates an unpleasant feeling as it shakes a rumble, "I need alcohol. Right now! I need it NOW JAANVI."

His bride winces at the sharp pain he's causing her. She rests her hands flat on his chest, gently aiming to push him away from her. Her voice trembling, "K-Kiaan alcohol i-isn't g-good for you." She reasons.

"I need it damn it!" He yells in her ear. If she wasn't so alarmed,  Jaanvi would have cracked a joke about going deaf. 'Are you hoping I'd go deaf, Kaan? Mute's daughter becoming deaf? Not cool. So. Noy. Cool.' But this is no time to joke. 

Something wakes him. Her voice. Or her petrified face. Or perhaps her shivering body. Something happens because his face breaks in sweat and plead. His eyes soften and gaze on the floor, as if ashamed, and his hand loosen in her shoulders for a while before he presses all his body weight on her. To keep himself steady. 

"I-I can't sleep without it! M-my head hurts! P-please let me drink."

Three sentences and she's never seen Kiaan pleading. This plead. This request explains how awfully addicted he is to the beverage and there's nothing worse than seeing such an educated, highly ambitious and perfectly healthy man losing his world for alcohol. 

It made her sad. Pity. Broken. And then angry. So, so, so angry. She's seen people miserable because they crave education but can't afford it. And Kiaan, he has it. He has education, degrees, a job/business, family, money, a life abroad, yet.

This is possibly the most uneducated and negative thing she's heard someone say.

She looks at his pleading frame. She can surely give him a logical lecture about life but it doesn't seem like the best day or time to start the conversation. Speaking sense to him now would be like hitting your heard on the brick wall. 

Did he just ask me? Isn't he the Kiaan who does everything on his own? Without caring about other's opinions or feelings?

Her brain is frozen on one sentence. He asked if he could drink. He asked for her permission. That's a start. His face, the look he's giving her is disheartening. It's stupid but Jaanvi is considering his request for a mere minute before she shakes it off. His helpless face needed help not alcohol.