Chapter 48

Steve's POV

I turned into the driveway and saw Sophia on the roof. Being the concerned dad I'm I went inside to her room and out the window to check on her.

"Hey sweetie. What you doing out here for?" I asked.

"Thinking" she said without moving.

"You want to talk about it. Mom won't be home for another 2 hours or so" I said.

"I don't..." she started, "yes I do want to talk about it."

"Alrighty then so let's talk" I said and got over close to her.

"So a my friend at school has a problem. Then problem has something to do with her parents but see doesn't want to tell them. But thought it all she's getting bullied at school. Everyone she talks to says tell your parents, tell your parents. But she's worried on how they'll react when she tells them and what they'll say. I don't know how to help her and I really do. Do you have any tips?" she said.

"Well it depends on how her parents are. You know weather there understanding or harsh. It also depends how long this is going on for and how bad it really is" I said pondering on the thought of why she was asking.

It was quiet for a little while then I heard sniffling. I looked over and Sophia and she was crying.

"Daddy" she said.

"What is in baby girl" I asked and pulled her into a hug.

"Puppy dog" she said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Daddy's little puppy dog is what everyone calls me at school" she said crying a little harder now.

"So the girl in that story was you wasn't it" I asked.

"Yes" she whispered.

"How long have you been bullied for?" I asked very concerned and a little angry.

"Sense the red skull thing" she said. "It's all my fault dad. I should have told you. I should have let it do this far. I thought I could handle the bulling and spare your feelings. It's just the over protective dad got to over protections and everyone noticed and bullies minds thought I could do anything on my own and I was on your leash. They thought I was your little dog."

I took a moment to proses all she said. "Sophia none of this is your fault. I thought protecting up was the right thing and apparently to was the wrong thing" I said.

"Look at my eyes sweetheart" I said and she lifted her tear stained face to meet mine. I wiped her tears away and kissed her head. "Sophia Renee Rogers, You are no ones puppy to carry around. You are a strong, independent, beautiful young lady and don't let anyone tell you other wise princess. You got that?"

She nodded. "So you aren't mad?" she asked.

"I could never be mad at my little girl" I said and gave he a tight hug.

"So I guess it's ok the wipe of this make up" she said.

Then lightly wiped around her eye to show a very swollen black eye.

"A lets go look at that inside and then you tell my what happened" I said.

She giggled and we climbed back inside.

"Oh and dad, about your comment earlier. Protecting my is the right thing but you have to know your limits" she said.

"You are absolutely right" I said.

Then we walked to the kitchen to get ice for her eye.

Sophia's POV

Dad got out a ice pack for my eye. He gave it to me and I held it on there.

"So you want to tell me what happened" he said sitting down.

"Well you dropped us off and the bullies came over and then Marcus tried to stick up for me. But I didn't want him to get hurt. So I ran in front of a punch and got hit in the eye" I explained.

"So you basically did it to your self" he said.

"Wow thanks for the comfort dad" I said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, did Mr. hero still get hurt" he asked.

"Yep not to bad though" I replied.

He laughed then mom walked in and looked at the ice pack on my eye.

"Did I miss something" she asked.

"You have know idea" dad said.