You Get Sick (Newt)

I'm so sorry haven't been on for ages I know. I'd been busy with school exams and work at home. Schools finished now for Christmas hopefully get on a lot more!! Hope your  enjoying my work leave comments down below on any ideas you have and I'll see what I can do.

Your POV

I sat down at breakfast early with Newt, Thomas and Minho and had to close my eyes for a minute and take a deep breath as my head spun and vision blurred. Opening my eyes after a minute I felt a hand on my back, I looked up to see a worried looking Minho and Thomas, and looking to my right I see Newt looking at me concerned.

"Hey you okay?" Newt asked bringing his hand up to my shoulder.

"Yah course" I lied. I wasn't about to tell him I felt sick, he'd become overprotective and make me stay in bed and do nothing.

The three of them all looked like they didn't believe me but they seemed to let it go for now so I stood up to leave. As I made my way out of the homestead I stumbled a bit as a wave of pain rolled through my head. Trying to ignore it I started to make my way to the gardens to start work.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Working in the gardens all day was taking it's toll on me as now the heat was radiating off of me leaving glistening sweat trails down the sides of my face and my arms. My vision kept blurring and I had to stop working for a minute to get it back. I'm pretty sure Newt was watching all the time but I pretended I didn't notice. 

Suddenly when I stand up picking weeds a huge wave of dizziness rolls over me and I start to realize how warm I feel.

I feel a hand gently grasp my upper arm and I look up to find Newt looking down at me worriedly. His mouth is moving and I realized he's saying something but I can't hear him.

I grab a hold of his shirt as I suddenly feel my legs give way underneath me. The last thing I feel is his arms wrapping tightly arms me as he slowly lowers me to the ground and then everything goes black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Newt POV

I watched as (Y/N) got up from the table to leave stumbling a bit as she made her way out, I'm worried about her, she's been acting a bit strange all morning. I don' think she noticed me watching but I definitely did, stumbling as she walked to the door grabbing hold of the frame for support.

I wanted to go after her but I didn't want to upset her, if she says she's fine then I'll leave her be, I want her to see she can trust me to tell me if something is wrong, but I'll still keep a eye on her,

-----------------------------------------------------------

Since (Y/N) works in the gardens along side me I've been able to keep an eye on her through the day. I'm becoming more worried while watching her through the day. She stumbles every now and again and grabbing her head and closing her eyes as if she's in pain. Thomas was standing next to me as he watched her too being suspicious of her behavior this morning as well.

"Maybe it's just a headache or maybe she just didn't sleep well last night?" he suggested.

"That's what I'm hoping but I've got a feeling she's sick" I reply still carefully watching her movements. 

Suddenly as she stood up she stumbled backwards and I leapt to grab her. When I reached her I gently grabbed her upper arm to help steady her.

"Hey (Y/N) you okay?" I ask trying to get a look at her face. I looked to Thomas to see him doing the same.

She lifted her head and I was able to see her face. Her eyebrows were furrowed in what looked like pain and I could now tell her breathing was ragged as she tried to breath properly.

"Hey (Y/N) what's wrong?" I asked as I gently gripped her other shoulder.

Suddenly her legs gave out and she fell against me and down to the ground. I quickly grabbed her round the waist pulling her to me as I gently lowered her to the ground.

"Hey (Y/N) look at me!" I said gently cupping her cheek with my hand.

Thomas reached over her and put his hand on her forehead.

"She's burning up Newt" he said looking up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Shit" I mumble as I motion for Thomas to follow as I lift her up into my arms and start to make my way to the med-jacks

"Thomas find Jeff and Clint tell them what happened, now!" I say to him as he runs ahead.

I look down at her her start to quicken my pace as I notice her pale looking face.

Racing through the med-jacks door I shout to Clint and Jeff who were running round getting supplies with Thomas standing at the bed.

I gently lay her on the bed and Jeff puts his hand on her forehead.

"Fever" he says and grabs a bucket filling it with water and grabbing a cloth and handing them to me.

"Wet the cloth and put it on her forehead, kept it damp don't let it warm up" he says as he moves to the other side of the hut.

I soak the cloth and rest it on her forehead as Thomas comes up beside me.

"Don't worry Newt, she'll be fine" he reassures me and pats me on the shoulder. "I'll come back to check on ye later okay?" he says as he makes his was out.

I look back down at (Y/N) and gently take the cloth from her head and re-soak it and gently place it back on her head. She stirs and turns her head to look at me as her eyes slowly flutter open. 

"Newt?" she asks weakly as she tries reaching out her hand towards me.

"Hey it's okay, your okay" I say as I gently grab her hand with one of mine and caress her cheek with the other. 

"My head hurts" she whispers weakly

"I know love.... you'll be okay though, it's just a fever.... it'll be gone soon don't worry" I answer as I give her a sad smile. "Sleep, you'll feel better soon"

"Stay" she says quietly as she starts to close her eyes again

"Of course, don't worry love, I'm never leaving your side" I say as I gently wrap my hands around hers rubbing my thumb on the back of her hands. She drifts off soon after as I watch over her.

"I'd never leave you"