You Have A Nightmare (Minho)

Your POV

Your POV

I was running... running as fast as I could. I could hear the clang of the griever legs hitting the ground as it ran after me. It was catching up and I felt like I was about to collapse. 

Turning the  next corner I came to a stop as a huge wall stood in front of me. Dead-end. Shit. Spinning on my heels to run a different way I screamed in shock as the griever came round the corner and stood in front of me. I was trapped. No way out. No-one was coming to help me.

Deciding it was finished taunting me the griever lunged towards me. I screamed as I went to duck out of the way.

"(Y/N)!" a familiar voice called, sounding distant

Ducking under it's legs I scrambled to my feel to run again only to be dragged to the floor again. Turning onto my back to face the griever, the last thing I saw was the grievers stinger coming in contact with my stomach as I cried in pain.

"(Y/N)!" the voice called again sounding desperate.

My eyes snapped open as I bolted upright in bed. My face felt tear stained, I could feel myself shaking and my breathing was uneven. 

I felt two strong arms holding my waist, and after coming to my senses, I recognized who. Minho. Instantly, I realized it had all just been a nightmare but I still felt terrified and I was still shaking turning in his arms I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face against his chest. 

"Hey, what happened?" He asked, gently rubbing my back and lifting one hand to the back of my head. 

"N..nightmare. I got s..stung. I..it seemed, s..so real." I said between sobs, my voice quieter than I intended for it to be.

He moved his hand to cup my cheek and gently lifted my head so I was looking at him. He ran his thumb along my cheekbone wiping away the tears running down my face. 

Minho's face showed pure concern and sorrow for what I had said, clearly showing that he had experienced the same before. He must have noticed that I was still shaking because he tightened his grip on my waist. Making me feel secure and reassuring.

"I can't say that I can hold my promise to you, but I will say this... that no matter what, I will always be here, by your side. Whatever happens out there, in the maze.. outside all of this..... I will always be there for you, always." Minho said, almost in a whispered tone. He placed a kiss on my forehead. "I know I can't assure you that the world out there is anything better than this, but I know that absolutely no matter what, I will always be there, to love and protect you." He whispered the last few words, resting his forehead against mine.

Never, in the time that I had known Minho, had I ever heard him say something so beautiful and so loving. I felt as though I had fallen in-love with the wonderful, beautiful boy that sat right beside me, all over again.

I tightened my grip around his waist burying my face into the crook of his neck. He shifted around so we were lying down with me buried into his side my face still buried into his neck. 

Feeling myself starting to drift off again I whispered one last thing to him.

"I love you"

I could almost hear him smile

"I love you too, angel"