How You Meet (Thomas)

The painful throbbing in my head is what woke me up, I was lying on a hard cold floor

The painful throbbing in my head is what woke me up, I was lying on a hard cold floor. As I opened my eyes, I could hardly see anything, I wasn't too sure if I had gone blind or not. As I slowly and painfully turned my head I see a red blinking light above me that  lits up the area where I am trapped, I made it out to be a small metal box.

As I slowly sat up and shuffled into the corner of the box I leant against the wall, the pain in my head got worse and the corners of my vision began blur. I reached up to touch my head and felt something wet and sticky on my fingers. 'blood'  I thought. Suddenly the metal box jerked upwards started moving, just as the pain in my head worsened and became too much and I passed out again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas's POV

The alarm is what guided everyone's attention to the box. As the box came up all the gladers gathered around it waiting for the new monthly supplies to arrive, and of course the new greenie.

When the box came up and came to a stop Alby motioned for me to help him with the big metal doors and then I jumped in, ready to meet the poor shank who's been unfortunate  enough to be sent up here by the creators. As I jump down into the box I see a body propped up in one corner of the box...unconscious. Wait? Long hair, small body? A GIRL?? Alby calls from above " Hey Thomas what's happening?" "It's a girl" I call back up. An uproar is heard above me from the other gladers.

"What?!"

"Let me see!"

"No way!"

"I call dibs!"

"ENOUGH!!" Alby shouted over the uproar and everything went silent. "Nobody is claiming the for shuck sake. We don't even know if she's alive so everyone slim it before I put you in the slammer"

As gladers continued to talk above me I crouched down in front of the girl and leant closer, her head was leant against the wall of the box her hair draped across half her face. Her breathing was light and moved her hair that was in front of her face. Slowly reaching up I moved her hair from her face and I froze... she was beautiful. As I pushed the hair from her face I felt something wet on my hands. 'blood..her blood..shuck'

"SHUCK! SOMEONE GET THE MED-JACKS! HER HEADS BLEEDING, GET HER TO THE HOMESTEAD!" I shouted, picking her up and taking her to the edge of the box and holding her up for one of the boys to take and then climbed out myself.

After I climbed out the box Jeff - one of the med-jacks - was carrying her towards the homestead with Clint and I followed after them.

------------------------------------

Your POV

As I woke up again my head is still throbbing with pain, I let out a small whimper as I opened my eyes and started to sit up. Once I did I noticed that I had been lying on a makeshift bed in what looked like a type of hut.

There was a dark haired boy in chair next to my bed, asleep. As I opened my mouth to say something to attempt to wake him my throat was completely dry and what came out as a sort of strangled noise ended up in a couple of coughs. The boy woke with a jolt and looked around until his eyes landed on me and a look of relief settled on his face for some reason. He leaned forwards and I was tempted to lean back away but didn't, only when he reached for me did I flinch away for him and the the look of relief left his face and was replaced with a brief flash of hurt before it was covered with a small smile.

"You gave us all a fright there greenie!" he said with the small smile still on his face. He must have noticed the look of fear on my face as he said "It's okay I'm not going to hurt you.... my name's Thomas... welcome to the glade"

 welcome to the glade"