How You Meet (Gally)

I had only arrived in the glade three days ago and now here I was wondering around the glade looking for Alby because he is meant to take me to my next job

I had only arrived in the glade three days ago and now here I was wondering around the glade looking for Alby because he is meant to take me to my next job. I've been trying out different jobs each day so I can find out what I'm good at so I can help out around the glade but Alby let me start trying for jobs the day after I arrived so I could get used to things first. I've already been  a med-jack and a track-hoe. When I finally find Alby he lets me know that I'll be working with the builders today. 

Alby walks me over to a little wooden hut with building materials strewn across the ground and a few boys dotted around the place outside, hammering nails into wood and a few chopping branches off of a tall oak tree near the edge of deadheads.

"Gally!? Oi shank where are you?!" Alby yells eyes scanning the group of boys. Then a dark haired boy with thick eyebrows steps out of the hut his eyes scanning blueprints in his hands, he looks up and around till he spots Alby and sighs.

"What is it Alby? We're a bit busy here shank, working on the look out tower" Gally says, anger clear in his voice, then his eyes turn to me and he looks me up and down then back to Alby. I look down at the ground starting to feel my cheeks heat up and feel slightly shy.

"Well today you got an extra pair of hands, it's the greenies day to be a builder, keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't break anything...or anyone" Alby says before walking away, I glare after him then turn to Gally who is already staring at me with slightly raised eyebrows.

He sighs and says "You remember your name yet greenbean?" I just shake my head in a reply not feeling like actually talking. "We're building a look out tower up in that big oak tree there, I've got all these slintheads working on it" I stop and look up at the huge tree, it's easy to tell why they picked this tree, it's easily the tallest tree in the glade.

My thoughts are interrupted when something collides with the side of my head and then everything goes dark.

------------------------------

Gally's POV

"So today greenie you'll be working with me and we'll start building the ladder to go up the tree so we can start  building the fra-" I turn around to look at the greenie but she's gone. I walk back around the other side of the hut to find the boys all gathered round something and then Ben runs over to me with a look of panic on his face.

"Gally! I swear I didn't mean to! I didn't see her! I just turned round and she was there, the plank hit her so fast and then she just went down like a sack of klunk!" I felt my heart sink at his words, what was he talking about....

I quickly ran over to the huddle of boys pushing out of my way to get to the center of the group and what I see makes my heart sink even further and gives me a weird sinking feeling in my chest...

The greenie on the floor; passed out cold. 

I crouch down next to her to see if she's still breathing, luckily she's still breathing but I can feel all these shuckfaces staring at us, at her.

"WHAT ARE YOU SHUCKFACES DOING JUST STANDING THERE GO GET THE MED-JACKS" I shouted and they all scurried away.

I looked back at her and reached down and moved the pieces of hair from her face. There was a small cut on her right eyebrow where she got hit but...... She's beautiful

Suddenly she slowly opened her eyes and groaned as she reached for her head only to grimace and tried to sit up. I quickly put my hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her back down to lye on the ground.

"Woah there greenbean, you took quite a blow to the head, just lay there a while until the med-jacks come over okay?"

"(Y/N)" she suddenly says, tilting her head slightly and looking up at me with narrowed eyes

"What?" I asked, confused as to what she's going on about...

"(Y/N)! That's my name! I remember my name!" She laughs, looking at my with her beautiful eyes lit up with shock and happiness. "My name's (Y/N)" she says again and giggles in the process.

I give her a small smile and can't help but let out a chuckle at how excited she is "Well it's a pleasure to meet you (Y/N)"