I've Got You// Newt

Not my Imagine just one I read that I liked

WCKD gives Y/n all her memories so she can turn, but she doesn't thanks to Newt and the help of Minho (who is like a brother to her) takes place during the scorch trails

Your breath came out in short, shaky breaths as you followed the man you were forced to trust into a small, dark room. A single chair sat in the middle of the floor, facing a dark wall and the man motioned towards it, and despite the nasty feeling in your gut, you crossed the room and sat down. 

Your hands folded neatly in your lap and you closed your eyes peacefully, You didn't want to see what would happen to you. As you stared at the darkness of your eyelids, the faces of your closest friends burned into your mind. You remembered how shocked and scared they looked as your name filled the hollowness of the room. 

You remember the feeling of hundreds of eyes on you as you stood up and you remembered Newt grabbing your hand tightly, stopping you from moving. You remembered how concerned his eyes looked as he looked up at you, his golden locks falling into his eyes.

"Don't." He whispered and you were overcome with sadness when you were forced to pull your hand away from his. You didn't want to leave without them, but Janson wouldn't let it happen any other way.

"I'm sorry." You whispered, torn at his saddened expression. You lifted your eyes and took a deep breath as you walked towards Janson and the collecting group of teenagers around him. 

You remembered the taunting hallways and the room where Janson explained that it wasn't to a sanctuary you were going. You remembered the distraught faces of those who had once been ecstatic and you remembered the tears that had collected on your cheeks when you realized the last moments of your life were to be shortly lived.

You heard a door open but your eyes remained firmly shut. You knew this was it. After this, there would be nothing else for you. You inhaled sharply as you felt the prick of a needle against your skin and a tear fell past your already damp eyelashes. You felt the needle being pulled away and a moment later, the door closed again. You were ready.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm worried about her...After what Tommy found with Aris, how do we know that's not going to happen to her..?" Newt ran his fingers through his messy blonde hair, his eyes wide and frightened. He had been completely distraught ever since they led her away and it pained him to know that he couldn't do anything to protect her. He didn't even know if she was safe or not. 

Thomas sat beside Minho on the lower bunk of his bed, his face solemn and his heart heavy. Minho had his head in his hands and he carried an even heavier heart. You were always extremely close to Minho. From the moment you arrived in the glade, he had taken you under his wing and ever since then he had acted like a big brother to you. Losing you was heartbreaking for him.

Minho shook his head, "How could we just let her leave? We know we can't trust these people and we still let her go! What if they hurt her?" he growled as he jumped to his feet, bawling his fists and looking towards Newt, a hopeless expression drawn on his face. They all looked at their leader, Thomas who was in deep thought trying to figure out what to do. 

"Alright," he said, "We know where the room is....we can go look for her.."

The group was breaking every rule possible, if this place even had rules. By the time nightfall came, the group had devised a plan not just to find Y/n, but also to escape. They climbed through the vents under the bed, following Thomas to the place they hoped she would be.