#43 Ben There, Done That

Unfortunately, his shirt was drenched with coffee, but he didn't seem to care, and I guess I didn't care about losing my coffee.

"Ben?" I asked with wide eyes immediately awake.

"Margo!" His face grew a large grin and laughed. "How long has it been?"

"Probably high school." In the shock of the moment, it was hard to think of something to say.

"Yeah of course." He laughed again more gorgeous than ever. It's like he grew out of his handsomely awkward middle school stage. "So, what are you up to these days?"

"Oh, I'm just working at a stupid medicine company. And you?"

"Well, I'm actually a creative writing teacher in Phoenix. I've been working at a couple community colleges, but I'm starting at Grand Canyon in January."

Avery quickly made her way up to us.

"Why hello, Ben, it's been awhile." They hugged.

"Yes Avery, it has been a while. Oh man. It's like a high school reunion. I guess Thanksgiving will do that."

"So, what are you doing in town?" I asked.

"Just visiting family for Thanksgiving. Got into town this morning. They don't even know I'm here yet, but hey, why don't we get a real breakfast that doesn't involve coffee and pastries and catch up?"

Avery put a hand on my shoulder. "I'd love to, but I have nursing things I have to do. Margo though would love to have breakfast."

"Yeah, but I still have to work."

"Call in sick. It's Thanksgiving Week." Her leg hit my leg trying to get me to call in sick.

"OK, I'll call in sick."

"Well fantastic! Are you sure you can't come Avery?"

"Oh, I'd slow you both down anyways. And like I said, I have a busy day ahead of me."

With that said, we walked out of Starbucks. My eyes caught notice of Avery who gave me a thumbs up and smiled mouthing the words "Your welcome."

Donald and Daisy's Breakfast Square was about less than a mile away. And just in case your wondering, it's not Disney Themed. The owners just happened to be named Donald and Daisy. A table was found outside as we both sat down.

"Hello, welcome to Donald and Daisy's Breakfast Square" announced the waiter. "I'm Gavin and I'll be your waiter this morning. Can I start you off with something to drink? Our special drink today is Pumpkin Juice."

After looking at the menu, I put it down as did Ben. "I'll have the Blueberry Juice."

"And I'll have the Blackberry Juice."

"Fantastic. I'll have those out in just a moment and I'll give you a moment to decide what you want for breakfast."

Within thirty seconds he was back with our juice. And believe it or not, we were ready to order. I ordered a simple Turkey Omelet while Ben ordered Green Eggs and Turkey."

"Fantastic. Your order will be out within fifteen minutes. Let me know if you both need anything else."

Was calling in sick a good idea? What are your thoughts on the modern day Ben so far?

Don't forget to comment and vote!