#9 Food Truck

Lunch couldn't come soon enough. I was hungry all morning which seemed to be happening a lot more. To my convenience, the food truck was less than five minutes away from where I worked. There were about ten other food trucks in this area. Surely enough I spotted Waffle Sandwich. At least twenty people were in line. Thankfully it moved fast, and I was at the front of the line before I knew it. Steve smiled the moment he saw me.

"Margo. Good to see you. Please come in."

It turned out he wanted to cook my food in front of me. As he cooked the waffles, it seemed that he was putting blueberries in them. I was seconds away from jumping with glee. Instead, I scratched my left ear. Once he was done cooking the waffles, he put sardines in the middle. When he finished we walked outside and found the nearest bench. My sandwich sat on a plate.

"The Blueberry Waffle Fish Sandwich" he announced. "And I know blueberries are your favorite fruit."

He was right, and I took a bite. It felt like Heaven.

"So good. I can't believe you remembered that I love blueberries."

"How could I forget? You were hogging them down the night after I took care of your stalker."

"I was a little paranoid that night from my stalker." Another bite was taken.

"Oh, I know. It was interesting watching you gobble them up and scratch your left ear. My daughter did the same thing, only she scratched her right ear."

"I remember when you put blueberries in her stocking last Christmas."

It was the one memory we shared that was the most recent.

It was five a.m. Christmas Morning. Young Zoey was jumping on her parent's bed with a container of blueberries.

"Wake up! Can we open all the presents now? Santa eated the cookies!"

Savannah got out of bed and instructed Zoey to wait another hour. It was hard for her, but she did. six a.m. arrived and to nobodies surprise our parents were in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Dear, stay away from the cookies today," commanded my mom. "You know what the doctor said."

"Honey, it's just one day. Let's forget about what the doctor said just for today."

At that moment everyone else was in the living room which our parents soon followed as we all sat around beginning to open presents. Savannah was the first to open while her daughter couldn't keep her attention away from me.

"Aunt Margo, you want some blueberries?" She put the container of blueberries on my lap.

"Oh, thank you. I love blueberries." I grabbed one and ate it.

Savannah had gotten her gift unwrapped. "Just what I needed!" It was a screen protector for her phone. "I don't have to worry about dropping my phone." She kissed Steve and thanked him.

Zoey dumped out her stocking right next to me and handed me another container of blueberries. She insisted I have more and scratched her ear. I began to scratch mine as I ate a couple more.

"I remember when you dropped your phone every time you and Sabrina got together" joked dad who coughed a couple times during that statement."

"Hopefully you don't drop your phone when you visit her in July," Steve added.

We all laughed. Zoey had no idea what we were laughing about but joined in anyway.

"That was a great Christmas" I commented.

"It was."

Hope you enjoyed this delicious chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote.

Would you eat a Blueberry Waffle Fish Sandwich?