#14 Ice Cream Social

After church on Sunday, me and Steve decided to get some ice cream at our favorite ice cream place.

"I'll have Chocolate Chip," announced Steve.

"And I'll have "Wild Blueberry."

Once we had our extra-large ice cream cups we found a table outside and sat down.

"So, you visited Avery. How was it?" He took a bite of his ice cream.

"It was honestly amazing. Avery is amazing. She also told me you were once known as Big Pizza Boy." I raised an eyebrow. "Care to explain?"

He laughed. "Oh gosh, that was Savannah's fault."

"So, what do you say?" asked Savannah.

"I'm not going to dress in the pizza costume and run through the whole school" he pushed the costume off his desk.

"Oh, come on love, you're the culinary arts major." She grabbed his hands and gave him a small kiss. "All you have to do is dress in that ridiculous pizza costume and hand out free pizza to everyone. National Pie Day comes only once a year."

He kissed her back. "You do have a point, but will you help me make the pizza?"

That whole morning, Savannah, Steve, Sabrina, and Avery helped make pizza in their dorms. Avery had a lot of homework but still helped. While Savannah and Steve were making pizza, Savannah sang at the top of her lungs.

"Oh, pizza pie, pizza pie! Oh, pizza pie, pizza pie!" Steve joined her in unison. "Oh, pizza pie, pizza pie!"

By noon all the pizza had been made and Steve was dressed in his ridiculous pizza costume.

"Oh babe, I could eat you right now," she playfully took a bite of the costume.

As they went outside, Savannah and Sabrina pushed the pizza on a cart.

"Pizza! Free Pizza! Get your Pizza Pie right here!" he shouted on his megaphone as he began singing the pizza pie song again.

Unbelievably, there was a lot of excitement over free pizza. Students began calling him Big Pizza Boy. At the end of the day, Steve and Savannah sat on a bench watching the sunset eating the last of the pizza.

"Well Big Pizza Boy, everyone got their pizza."

"They sure did, Big Pizza Girl."

They both laughed and gave each other a kiss as she made fun of his bad breath.

It was hard not to laugh at that story, but I couldn't help it. He laughed a bit as well while leaving the spoon in his mouth sucking on the ice cream that was there.

"So what else did you and Avery do?"

"Oh, you know, girl stuff." I licked my spoon. On Saturday we ate at Joe's Crab Shack, did some shopping, had some blizzards, and watched a movie."

"If only you came to Arizona State, you could've already been bff with her" he joked. "But instead you went to Texas State home of Boko the Bobcat."

"Well, at least I wasn't a Sun Devil. Aren't Sun Devils just the Devil, but in a desert?

"You got a point."

"Anyways, Avery invited us to come to the beach with her and her boyfriend over Labor Day Weekend."

"You didn't say yes did you?"

My face made those puppy eyes and that look that would make anyone feel guilty. "Please. For me."

"Sabrina's not coming?"

"I promise you she won't."

He took a moment to think over it. "Alright Margo, count me in."

Without any hesitation, I got out of my seat and hugged him. Without a doubt, I was excited that he was coming. When we finished our ice cream, we got in the car and spent the rest of the day at the river.

Steve was walking down the high school hall on his way to lunch trying to find Savannah until she found him and screamed jumping up and down in excitement. A normal person would be dumbfounded, but he just smiled.

"What's going on?"

"Sabrina got the three of us tickets to Coachella!"

At a moment's notice, the two of them were jumping up and down in excitement.

"Coachella!" They both shouted.

Sabrina walked up and smiled. "Your welcome."

"Thank you, Sabrina!" shouted Steve as he hugged her hard.

The three of them rushed to the cafeteria, got their lunch, and sat down. The entire period, they discussed what bands they were excited to see and how exciting it was that this would be the first time they would be going. Meanwhile, I was not far off, relieved that my sister forgot that they needed four tickets. It couldn't be more perfect I thought. It was especially nice, that I wouldn't have to hang out with Sabrina.

Ok, Steve's on board with Labor Day Weekend. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Would you deliver pizza on National Pie Day the way Steve did?