#41 The Club Can't Handle Me

My mom was in a panicking mood on a Monday Morning creating a list of food she needed to buy.

"Everyone is coming for Thanksgiving." Honey could you buy some of these things for me after work. I have a lot of cleaning to do. With your dad gone, the slack needs to be picked up. He usually did the shopping."

"Mom, I understand. I'll go shopping after work." I grabbed the list from her.

"Is Steve coming or is that going to be awkward?"

"I don't think he'll be showing up."

My mom went right to cleaning the windows. Looking at the list, I sighed and grabbed my keys looking at my phone with another sigh.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Today's my birthday I guess."

Her eyes widened. "Oh Margo, I'm so sorry I forgot it was your birthday. I promise we'll do something this weekend." She kissed me and with that, I left for work.

When work ended, Avery met me in the breakroom to help me shop. We got in the car and took off.

"You know, today's my birthday? Never thought I would dread a day so much.

"Dude, are you serious? Tomorrow's my birthday. We need to celebrate."

"Not in the mood to celebrate."

She bopped my head. "Oh, come on. We must celebrate. As soon as we finish shopping and drop everything off, we'll celebrate."

"But what are we going to do on the week of Thanksgiving?"

Never underestimate Avery when there's a birthday. She knew a spot. In fact, it was a club which I swore I'd never go to. To make it worse it was 'Bounce House' which has a reputation. Getting out of the car and looking at the line, I wasn't thrilled.

"Avery, this isn't a good idea. I'm a virgin and I don't drink or do drugs. You know I'm a good girl, right?" There were some heavy breaths to be taken.

"Relax. Bounce House is the perfect spot to go on your birthday. Savannah did it all the time and never once had sex, got drunk, or high. And plus, if you call ahead telling them it's your birthday, they'll reserve a special spot just for you."

In comfort, I grabbed her hand. "And there's no sex or anything?"

"There's no sex. Your virginity is safe."

With that said, we got in the large line until a bald guy walked by looking for someone.

"OK, who's birthday is it? I hear we got two birthdays!"

Avery raised both our hands and the crowd cheered.

"Alright! Birthday girls don't have to wait in line. Follow me inside."

The inside of the club was just like you would expect. Lots of loud music and dancing. To be specific it was a Flo Rida song called "Club Can't Handle Me." Never liked Flo Rida. To make matters worse, there were flashing lights.

"I can't believe you pulled this off," I nervously said.

Once Flo Rida's song ended, the DJ spoke. "Alright Happy Thanksgiving Week y'all!" The crowd cheered. "What y'all thankful for? I'm thankful for all the pretty ladies out there." More cheering. "We especially got two pretty birthday ladies in the house tonight!" The cheering was louder. "Margo and Avery come on up!"

And just like that, I was standing in front of the biggest crowd my eyes had seen. It wasn't hard to believe that this would be something Savannah would do.

"Avery what song do you want to hear on y'all's birthday?"

She came towards the mic. "Tik Tok" by Kesha!" The crowd loved that answer.

"Ight, you heard it hear folks. Tick Tok by Kesha!

And soon enough Kesha's song began. "Waking up in the morning, feeling like P. Diddy." Immediately a picture of both our faces showed up on screen. Turning to look at it, this was a shock. Avery seemed to expect it though. "Got my glasses, I'm out the door." A disco ball suddenly came out of nowhere and started spinning around with the crowd going wild. "I'm going to hit this city. Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack." The disco ball was spinning faster. Flashing lights were coming out of the ball. "Cuz when I leave for the night, I aint coming back." Obviously, something was about to happen. Avery and the crowd knew it. A few more seconds passed in the song. The anticipation in me was strong. "Don't stop, make it pop." The disco ball exploded. Soon enough more disco balls quickly came and exploded. Inside the disco balls contained foam. Yes, foam was all over the crowd now during this Kesha song. Avery immediately jumped, and the crowd passed her along to the other side of the club. Fire began popping out on the sides. The crowd began jumping. Some even had a foam fight. This was hard to pass up. I soon found myself being passed along through the crowd and landing next to Avery who was shaking her head and jumping. The urge was hard to resist. I was soon doing what she was doing. Pretty soon, a few more girls gathered around and began jumping and shaking their hair. In all honesty, I was glad Avery did this. I felt alive.

This was honestly a really fun chapter to write. Hope y'all enjoyed it.

We're you surprised that is was Margo and Avery's Birthday? Would you go to this club for your birthday? What song would you pick?

Comment and vote!