#20 Welcome to Phoenix, AZ

It was the weirdest two weeks ever. It seemed like every day during those two weeks I hung out with Steve and every time we hung out, he got a little flirty which he wasn't very good at and yet I loved it. Each time, I would wait for him to hold my hand and kiss me. I wanted him to hold me in his arms. But alas, that probably wouldn't happen at this point. That Thursday Night, I was packed and had everything in my mom's car. I hopped in and we picked up Steve with his luggage. In no time, my mom dropped us off at the airport. Everything went by smoothly. Considering how rarely I flew, I was thinking of going through security would be a disaster. Our flight arrived on time. We would be in Phoenix by seven at night. During the flight, both of us slept.

When we woke up, we were in hot Phoenix at Sky Harbor. Steve had arranged for an Uber before our flight. Once we were off our flight and found our luggage we went outside and sure enough, our Uber found us just fine. I hadn't realized how big of a city Phoenix was. Tall buildings were everywhere with person after person. It felt like this was the center of the world. On the freeway, it was amazing to see just how much traffic there was. In less than twenty minutes, we were in Tempe which is where Arizona State is. Steve was tired and just wanted to pass out at the hotel we would be staying in which was probably a good idea because I was still tired after that nap in the airplane.

We arrived at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Normally, for some reason when I think of hotels, I picture giant buildings with several floors or a ghetto building that barely looks like it could be a hotel, but this hotel was neither of these things. The hotel looked like it was a nice three-story apartment. It was honestly the nicest hotel I had seen, but I hadn't been in many hotels. Once we checked in, we made it to our room where we had two separate beds. Yes, I suppose it looked like the few hotel rooms I had been in, but this was also different. It felt like the room was designed for middle-class people who wanted to pretend they're upper class if that makes any sense. Regardless of what the room was, Steve passed out on his bed within thirty seconds. Now, I wasn't tired and found myself at the pool with blueberries I bought at the airport. All around the heated pool was an abundance of lounge chairs. The sun was down. Why couldn't Avery be here with me on these lounge chairs? Don't get me wrong, it was nice being the only person at the pool, but it would be nice to have an extra like her. Thankfully I showed her the pool on Snapchat. A couple of minutes later, I also posted to my story and apparently forgot that me and Sabrina were following each other.

"You're in Tempe?" she replied.

It would be rude not to respond. "Yes, Steve has an interview in Scottsdale on Saturday, but we're hanging out tomorrow."

"Well, I live in Phoenix now. Would you be down to get together for lunch on Saturday?"

I wasn't but at the same time, I was. "Sure, I'd be down."

"Great I know a great place. Hope you like In-N-Out Burger." She also posted the address.

What had just happened? Was I really meeting Sabrina for lunch on Saturday? It probably wouldn't be a good idea to tell Steve. Hopefully, while he did his interview, I would be able to meet with her. Maybe I could forgive her, but I figured let's just meet on Saturday and see where we go from there.

"Enjoying the pool?" asked a larger older man who got in the pool.

"I've been mostly on this chair, but it's a nice place. It's my first time in this city."

"Yeah, I love this place. I'm always on business trips here. Chicago has nothing on this place."

"You're from Chicago?"

He nodded. "Where you from? You look like a Texas Girl. Am I right?"

I laughed. "I am a Texas Girl."

For the next hour, we discussed both the state of Texas and Illinois. For some reason, it felt nice to talk to a stranger. Honestly, I learned a lot in that hour.

Well things are certainly getting interesting. Should Margo meet with Sabrina? Is this the perfect opportunity for Margo and Steve? Comment and vote!

Note: Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale are essentially the same city. Think of New York City, Buffalo, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. Hopefully there's no confusion about that.