#32 Angry Steve

That drive home was long. Once I got to my house, Steve was there waiting for me. The car was parked, and I got out and walked towards him. His face spoke louder than words. It also said he needed a good shower and shave. I didn't know what to say. Thankfully he started the conversation.

"Why didn't you tell me about your meeting with Sabrina." He pulled the card out of his pocket.

"You took the card out of my pocket?"

"No. It fell out when you got up on Saturday Morning. But back to my original question. Why didn't you tell me?" His face was angry which put me in fear of saying something wrong.

"It would've ruined our trip if I told you. You were so excited about going to Phoenix. I couldn't ruin it for you."

"So, when were you planning on telling me?" He had a valid point. I wasn't planning.

"I don't know. I just figured I would eventually tell you when the time was right."

"When the time was right? When it was right?" I didn't like the sound of where this was going. "Damn it, Margo! Did you forget that Sabrina killed my wife and daughter?!" My own wife and daughter! Do you realize that?!"

"I do realize that Steve! And she was my sister!" A tear left my eye. "My own damn sister! Not to mention I also lost my dad in case you forgot!"

"Oh, I remember that! I also remember that she killed your dog and took your ex-boyfriend Ben! She has caused nothing but trouble! Nothing but damn trouble!"

"Like any of us is perfect! You realize that Savannah sold the rights of 'The Dog that Never Died' to Sabrina's Company back in high school behind our back?!"

"Don't talk about my wife like that! She wouldn't do that!" He slowed down. She wouldn't."

"But she did! She didn't tell me or you! But it doesn't matter."

"Stop talking about her like that! I treated you like you were my own sister! I fought that stalker for you! Don't talk about my wife like that!" With that said he lost control of his anger and picked up a rock-throwing it to one of the windows of my car. It shattered. "Don't talk about my wife like that! I treated you like a sister!

At that point, I was trying not to cry. "Get the hell out of here!" With that, he left. I was left with nothing but a shattered window and tears to cry. My mom found me outside crying and brought me inside. She made me a cup of tea and soup as I told her what just happened.

"It hasn't been easy has it?" She handed me the tea and soup. "I'm proud of you Margo. You've been through a lot and endured everything that came towards you."

"I loved him, mom. I didn't want to hurt him."

"You didn't hurt him. He was already hurt. Did I ever tell you about his encounter with Sabrina before the funeral?"

Sabrina arrived in town a day before the funeral. I wasn't there yet but would soon be there. Dinner was being held at the park which held a few friends and family members reuniting. Sabrina was there talking to my parents. While talking to my parents, she noticed Steve in the background alone. He looked angry and cried a bit. About a couple hours later, Sabrina made her way to Steve while everyone else was leaving or already gone.

"How are you doing?" she asked.

He came close to punching her but withheld. "Is your new boyfriend worth Savannah's Death?"

A few tears left her eyes. "Steve, I didn't know it would cause an accident. I sent her a million text messages in high school when she first got her license and nothing ever happened to her."

"That's the problem. You don't know when to stop. You keep causing these accidents because you don't think."

"Hey, come on, we all make mistakes. Like you never made a mistake before."

"I'm not the one that killed Margo's Dog or stole a guy that she liked a lot. And I'm also not the one that sent my wife a picture of some idiot guy. Nor am I the one that made Avery's Life a nightmare with all my loud music. You know she dropped out right?"

"But didn't you tell me that you almost kissed Margo in the rain because you thought you might have feelings for her right before you dated Savannah? And how about the time you knew Savannah was crying over you and you continued to date Nicole anyways?"

"But none of those things killed my wife or daughter!" He was about to explode and grew close to hitting her in his anger. "They're dead because of you!"

Thankfully at that moment, my mom came to the rescue. "Break it off Steve. Leave her alone." He stood there for a moment not saying a word. "Can you hear me, Steve? Leave her alone. Walk with me right now before you do something you regret. And so, he walked with her.

My mom tucked me in that night and sang to me as if I were a little girl. It was a much-needed moment. Once I was tucked in, I looked at the leaf sitting on my drawer.

"Goodnight Savannah."

With that, I was asleep.

It looks like Steve is pretty angry. Does Steve have every right to be angry? Would you be angry? What would you do if your partner was angry? What should Margo do?

Don't forget to comment and vote!