#17 I'm Just a Blueberry Girl

As the sun began to set, we were getting hungry and tired. We drove on over to the boardwalk which was a little further but a spectacular view. It was amazing to see all the rides and attractions that were there. In agreement, we all decided to eat at Bubba Gump's purely because we all loved the movie, Forest Gump. To get inside, we had to walk the stairs. Once we got inside, the atmosphere was to die for. License plates and pictures all over the walls and not to mention blue and red seats. Avery and I both ordered the Pear and Berry Salad while the boys ordered the Steamed Crab Legs. The best part was that we ate outside in the patio. It soon occurred to me how much I was missing out on.

"This is so good," claimed Doug.

We stayed there for about an hour enjoying ourselves and laughing at so many different things. Once we were finished, Avery and Doug were wiped and were ready to call it a night and went to their hotel which thankfully was at the boardwalk. Steve wanted to roam the boardwalk as did I. With the sun mostly down, the nightlife became vibrant and for whatever reason, I could breathe easier.

"This really is amazing," blurted Steve. "I'm really glad you talked me into this."

"You ever do anything like this with Savannah?"

"The closest we ever got was on our honeymoon. We spent the week at a beach in California. I can't even remember the name of the town, but it was just a regular town with a nice hotel."

Steve and Savanah both finished taking a shower on the morning after their wedding. Both were in beach clothes.

"Ready for breakfast?" Steve asked as he kissed her.

She kissed him back. "I'm so hungry I could scream at the top of my lungs from the balcony."

He chuckled. "We can still do that later. Let's get to breakfast."

There was so much available for breakfast that morning. Thankfully after a wild night, both needed all the calories they could get and loaded up on many carbs. Once they were done with breakfast, they headed for the beach and swam in the pacific pretending they were sharks. Unfortunately, they did manage to scare a child, but it was fine. After a long and hot day, they headed for dinner at an Italian Restaurant and shared a meal of Spaghetti.

"This is so much better than your spaghetti babe," she joked.

"My spaghetti has come a long way since high school."

When they finished, they headed for their hotel room balcony. In unison, they both screamed.

"We got married yesterday!"

"I love my husband Steve!" cried out Savannah.

"I'm going to have her babies hopefully tonight!"

Our sweet tooth was kicking in and Sweet Scoops was the place to take care of it. Steve got a Madagascar Vanilla Ice Cream Cone and conveniently enough I was able to score Summer Blueberry which would be gone after the weekend. We both enjoyed our ice cream as we stood next to the fence and viewed the water. The urge to kiss him grew strong, but I was afraid.

"You really do like Blueberries, don't you?" asked Steve.

"They're obviously going to be the death of me."

He laughed. "I'm almost worried you forgotten what vanilla tastes like." His smile was big.

"Vanilla is boring."

He licked his treat. "Sometimes you have to live life on the edge. I mean, I was obsessed with Strawberry Ice Cream growing up until I decided I wanted to try Rocky Road. It was amazing, and my life changed after that."

We both laughed. "I'm sure your life didn't change."

"Well speaking of change," he pulled out his phone. "I think this would be a perfect Facebook Profile Picture. You with your Blueberry Ice Cream."

My face looked away from the camera. "I like my current picture."

"Oh, come on. I promise this will be the best picture you ever had. You really do need a new picture in which it's obvious you weren't trying to take a selfie two years ago."

"OK." I faced the camera. "I never liked that picture anyways."

Steve instructed me on how I should pose for the picture. My right hand touched the fence while my left hand held the ice cream cone close to my phone. He wasn't completely loving it, which led me to a great idea in which I leaned over the fence and held a pensive face while licking my cone. Instead of my whole self being in the picture it would be just one side of me. Once I was ready, the picture was taken, and he showed it to me. In all honesty, I was in love with that picture.

"I guarantee that this picture will be the most likes you ever get on Facebook and Instagram. Now make sure your caption reads I'm just a Blueberry Girl."

Without hesitation, I couldn't control my laughter. "I'm just a Blueberry Girl! That's so stupid."

"I promise you that this caption will help your picture get record-breaking likes. In fact, I'll make it interesting. If I'm right, I'll pay for all four of us tomorrow to ride the Boardwalk Bullet. If I'm wrong, I'll ride it by myself tomorrow night with the three of you watching. I'll even give you my phone, so it can go on Facebook and Instagram Live while I scream like a girl."

I couldn't help but smile. "You got yourself a deal, Steve. I can't wait for you to ride it by yourself tomorrow."

We shook hands and I ended up texting Avery the details.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Remember to Comment and Vote!

Does I'm Just a Blueberry Girl sound like a good caption for Facebook and Instagram?

Who's going to win the bet? Margo or Steve?