A Jealous Boy | Newt

Newt rolled his eyes as he watched Thomas put his arm around you. He was whispering something in your ear that made you laugh. Both of you were returning from the Map Room.

Newt scoffed and walk towards the tables for supper.

As you and Thomas walked to the tables, he kept his arm around you. Bring you closer to him often when the both of you laughed. You noticed Newt and walked to him.

"Hey Newt!" You said happily. Thomas finally let go as the both of you sat down across from him. Newt's eyes didn't meet yours. He only nodded his head in response. You look at Thomas as your face fell.

You really liked Newt, but he never showed any interest in you, ever. You would try to talk to him, but he would always respond with the least amount of words. Thomas knew because he was always around to witness it.

"I'm going to get our food," Thomas said. You nodded your head and turned to Newt again.

"Good day, huh?" You said. Newt nodded his head again. You sighed and pressed your palms against your face.

"Why won't you ever talk to me, Newt? You stopped talking to me once I became a runner," you stated. It was true. Before you became a runner, he would talk to you daily. You would walk with him to supper, watch him as he worked, talked to him at night, look at the sky from the lookout tower, etc. It's how your feelings for him developed. Then, he stopped talking to you.

"You became more interested in Thomas," he muttered truthfully.

"What? That doesn't mean I don't want talk to you, Newt. I miss you," you told him. He finally looked at you.

A small smile played on his lips, but faltered immediately once Thomas said, "andddddddd supper is ready!"

You turned to look at Thomas and widened your eyes then moved your head towards Newt, hoping he would catch the hint.

"anddddddd I forgot...something!" Thomas added quickly before scurrying of in the opposite direction.

"Newt," you reached out to touch his hand. You noticed he shivered once you did.

He looked up at you again.

"I miss you, too. I just wish you would pay more attention to me," he muttered feeling embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, Newt. I definitely will. Please don't distance yourself from me. It makes me extremely sad when you do."

"Why? You have Thomas around at all times to make you laugh." He said not bothering to hide his jealousy. You knew it was wrong, but a small smile appeared on your face.

"What's so funny? That's not funny!" He told you.

"You're jealous, Newt."

"What? No. I just . . . no! I'm not jealous. Why would I be?" He began to tap his foot on the ground.

"I like you too," you told him to which he looked up quickly. Upon the look on your face, he smiled.