Drunk In Love (for @harryinfinity)

"Sofia! C'mon, it's starting." Your best friend calls. You run after Newt. Tonight is another bonfire. You loved them. It was a night to just have a little fun and break away from the inevitably of running the mazes.

You don't know how many of Gally's drinks you've had, too many to count. You leaned on Newt. You giggled and hiccuped.

You were about to get another sip when he shakes his head.

"I think you've had enough tonight." He said lowering the drink from your lips. You pout and shake your head. "Aw! C'mon Newtie, just one more, please?" You looked at him and your eyes immediately landed on his lips. You watched them move as he talked.

"....so no, no more for you." He ended. You looked up at him and giggled. You brought your finger to his lips and played with them. He looked directly at you as you did so.

"Have I ever told you that I find you very attractive and not just because of your looks?" You hiccuped and laughed. You got up and sat on him. Your faced him. Both your legs were on one side of his legs.

"Sofia..what are you--"
Newt felt his heart beating a little faster.

"Shhhhh." You leaned down and gently kissed his pink, plump lips. He moved his head closer to you to press his lips harder against yours. His arms landed on your back while yours were cupping your cheeks. Suddenly, you didn't feel intoxicated. You're kissing the boy you're in to, you're best friend. Best friend.

You got off him and stood up. Your brown, curly, hair was covering your face. You pulled it back and saw him looking up at you. It took him a while before he stood up.

"Newt, I'm so sorry. I--" your cheeks turned red. You just practically told him you liked him.
Knowing what you were thinking, Newt spoke up,
"I like you, Sofia. I like you a lot." He walked closer to you. The closer he got the taller he seemed. He looked down at you and ran his thumb on your cheeks and your lips. You just stood there, no words escaped your lips.

"Sofia, you're my best friend, but I like you. I believe we could be something. I believe that we can try to be a thing. I know you may be scared of losing our friendship, but it will still be here. Sofia, will you be my girlfriend?" He held both your hands.

Finally, you found your voice. "Yes, Newt. I'd love to be your girlfriend." You smiled widely. He looked down at you with a cute little half smile. He leaned down while you tiptoed and both of you shared a sweet kiss.