Broken Heart | Newt

Across from you, his arm was around her. She was leaning into him and had a huge smile across her face. He occasionally looked down at her and smiled to himself.

You couldn't help, but feel jealous. You're in love with him. You're in love with Newt you just know it. Since the moment your eyes landed on his you knew you wanted him, but he doesn't want you. He loves her, he loves Emma.

Thomas wrapped his arms around you. You leaned your head on his shoulder.

"You're staring a little too much." He whispered into your ear. You sighed.

"I'm sorry. I just can't stop myself no matter how hard I try." I whispered. Thomas didn't answer but placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

Thomas was your best friend. You loved him, but never saw him as more than a friend. However, everyone in the glade believed you two were more than friends due to the ways you acted around each other.

"Look, just leave me alone! I always knew you liked her!!" You looked up and saw Emma run away from Newt with tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" You yelled at Newt. Newt turned and walked towards the two of you. You turned to Thomas. He shrugged, got up, and left.

Newt took the seat next to you. You could feel the butterflies forming in your stomach.

"Hey..Yeah, I'm fine." He said.

"I'm willing to listen if you want..?" Honestly, you didn't want to listen about how his heart is so broken because the love of his life just left him, but then again you did care about his happiness.

"Thank you. So... are you and Thomas a thing now?" Your heart sank. Do you know the feeling when the person you want mosts ships you and another person? It sucks. It sucks because you know that they don't want you, that they don't get jealous of seeing you with another person.

"Nope, not yet." You muttered.

"Yet? So, you want to um be his girlfriend?" He said in an uncomfortable way.

You laughed. "No! There's actually someone else I want to be with, but he's off limits." You looked away.

"Oh..are you sure you don't like Thomas? You know I think he likes Teresa. They're getting very close and all his attention always goes to her now. I don't want to ruin things for you and him, but I'm serious. He seems to like her a lot, and -"

"Slim it! I get it, Newt." You said a bit annoyed. "Like I said, I don't like him! You're so oblivious to everything going on around you." You began to walk away, but he pulled you back.

"I just want to look out for you." He whispered. Your face was inches away from his. You took a step back.

"Yeah, well you've been breaking my heart unintentionally. You may not do it on purpose, but you definitely can't look out for me when you have the power to crush me to pieces." You took a couple of more steps back.

"Y/n..do you like -"

"You? Yeah. Don't worry though. I understand that you and Emma have some long term thing going. I'm not going to try to come in between that. I know where I stand, and I won't cross the -"

"Be quiet." He said before pressing his warm, wet, soft lips against yours.

"Emma.." You whispered when he finally let go.

"Emma is out of the picture. I want you, I've always wanted you."

**

• Ugh boy problems suck.
• I don't like this imagine all the much. I feel like I didn't write well.

Sorry I haven't been so active!! I've been so busy with school. ):
How are you guys?? :)