When Virgil finally stood up, Phoebus smirked. Virgil let the great things about Patton keep him calm.

As if wanting to torture Virgil in his last moments of life, Phoebus began to count down. "10."

His adorable and precious smile.

"9."

The way his eyes shine like they're filled with infinite happiness and joy.

"8."

How caring and kind he is to everyone.

"7."

The way he always sees the good in everyone.

"6."

Those bad yet funny puns he makes.

"5."

How amazing the food he cooks tastes.

"4."

How warm and cozy he feels next to me.

"3."

His beautiful face...

"2."

Patton...I love you so much...

"1." Virgil flinched, and heard the sound of the sword piercing flesh, the strong metallic scent, but felt no pain. The anxious Side opened his eyes and he gasped. A figure stood in front of him, the end of the sword sticking out his chest.

Phoebus seemed shocked, and he let go of the sword, stumbling backwards. The dark red shade seeped through the figures white outfit like a juice spilt on a carpet.

Roman fell into his knees, letting out a gasp of pain.

"ROMAN YOU COMPLETE NINCOMPOOP." Logan scrambled inside, his eyes wide, panicked. Virgil has never seen him like that before.

Roman grinned weakly at Virgil. "Didn't see us following you, did ya?" As he spoke blood dripped out his mouth, dribbling down his chin. "Look at me! Im a real hero sacrificing myself. You owe me ten bucks, Logan."

Logan gripped Roman's shoulders. "You idiot! What were you thinking? You cannot die, or I'll-" he got cut off by Roman.

"shush, book nerd. Bring that dark, trying-to-impersonate me guy here. Virgil, come. Bring Patton." Virgil shifted closer to Roman and he heard Phoebus his as Logan dragged him over, keeping a firm grip on his arms.

Romans shirt was almost as red as his sash and the sword stuck through his chest like a metal pole. "Well, me and calculator watch found that each of us sides have...special unique abilities. They appear when we need them most." Roman coughed, blood shooting out his mouth. He frowned and continued. "As the handsome, brilliant, romantic, heroic side of creativity and dreams, well, I had an idea that might work."

Roman pressed his thumb on Phoebus's head and his eyes immediately rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed. Roman gave a raspy laugh. "Guess my idea was right."

"Hypnosis." Logan corrected, watching intriguingly. Roman moved to Patton, who didn't seem to change much after what he did but he did seem to look calmer.

Roman faced him but Virgil interrupted him. "Wait but you-you're hurt-"

"If I die, it's a worthy death." Roman responded, wiping blood from his chin. "I will try my best to assist him and tend to him." Logan added, his forehead creased with worry.

Virgil hesitated, looking at the unconscious bodies of Phoebus and Patton. Slowly, he nodded.

Roman winked. "See ya on the other side, buddy." He pressed his thumb against Virgil's forehead and his mind immediately went numb. He felt as if he was being pulled into his mind as he fell limp, surrounded by darkness.

Slowly, he stood up, his legs shaking. He was on a field. He recognized it from a dream he had...the dream he had forgotten until now.

He remembered what happened and his heart began to thud. "Patton?" He cried.

No answer.

"Patton? Please answer me!"

He heard a faint muffled response. "Virgil...!"

Virgil whirled around and saw a small shape steadily growing bigger. "PATTON!" Virgil ran towards the shape and soon they collided, Patton knocking him over.

Patton's glasses were crooked on his face and his eyes sparkled with happiness. He was grinning widely and all his marks and cuts were gone. He leaned down and the two kissed.

They kissed lovingly, filling Virgil with a happy tingliness. Virgil wrapped his arms around Patton's waist and pulled him close. Too soon, they broke apart to breath and he wished they could kiss for forever ( ;) ).

"Patton...is this thing Roman did work? You can understand and hear and see me?" Virgil asked.

Patton nodded. "Roman did this? It does feel different from a normal dream. I don't know how to describe it...it just does."

Virgil understood what he meant. Patton helped Virgil sit up and he curled up on his lap, his legs pulled to his chest and his head resting in the crook of Virgil's neck.

"I think I should tell you what happened while I was there..." Patton began, his voice soft and fragile.

Yeet hope this was decent

Will Roman survive? What's Logan gonna do? Where are Algos and Deceit? More to come soon...